Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every...

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently got a new Surface Pro 7 but from the very start I keep getting constant BSODs when using it. They happen fairly regularly, once every 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SergeiSolovev, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every...

I recently got a new Surface Pro 7 but from the very start I keep getting constant BSODs when using it. They happen fairly regularly, once every 10 minutes or so, often without any obvious cause. I checked all the drivers for updates and reset Windows once, but to no avail. Stranger still, the errors are seemingly never the same: I've seen dozens of BSODs now, and can only recall a couple of errors reoccuring. The link below is to the archive with the latest three minidumps.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRKTTDEL1uAhgUp6eDy-_JNUeJN?e=5Qsabd

:)

SergeiSolovev, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Oct 14, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every... :)

cplpro, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every...

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every...

1. Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 keeps getting BSODs with seemingly different errors every... - Similar Threads - Surface Pro running

2. PC keeps on getting different BSOD errors!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on getting different BSOD errors!: I've tried everything, from changing RAM, to checking up and updating drivers, using the command prompt, etc. I just want to find a solution or at least a point in the right direction as to what I might need to change hardware wise!...
  3. PC keeps on getting different BSOD errors!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on getting different BSOD errors!: I've tried everything, from changing RAM, to checking up and updating drivers, using the command prompt, etc. I just want to find a solution or at least a point in the right direction as to what I might need to change hardware wise!...
  4. PC keeps on getting different BSOD errors!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep getting BSOD with different error codes, cant run any games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD with different error codes, cant run any games.: i dont know whats going on.i did a memory diagnostic and my ram is fine, i keep an eye on cpu and gpu temps and theyre fine, but this keeps happening. i cant play any games as they freeze and crash and sometimes i cant even altf4 them. i have descriptions from the mini dumps...
  6. Keep getting BSOD with different error codes, cant run any games.

Keep getting BSOD with different error codes, cant run any games.: i dont know whats going on.i did a memory diagnostic and my ram is fine, i keep an eye on cpu and gpu temps and theyre fine, but this keeps happening. i cant play any games as they freeze and crash and sometimes i cant even altf4 them. i have descriptions from the mini dumps...
  7. Keep getting BSOD with different error codes, cant run any games.

8. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  9. Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

Surface Pro 7 BSOD SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION: Hi We have a Surface Pro 7 that keeps blue screening. We enabled driver verifier and please attached bluescreen dump file, it shows the bug string check as SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION, but we can't find out which driver is causing it. If somebody is able to help...
  10. I keep getting BSOD on Windows 10 with different error codes

I keep getting BSOD on Windows 10 with different error codes: Some of them are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE These are my minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oxhx3jKy_n-rbK56aWuzmB79M7U9_eaI/view?usp=sharing Please let me know if you need anything else, thank you....