Windows 10: Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting

Discus and support Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, Continuing from my last post, this event was totally unplanned. Now that I have installed the correct device drivers but it doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chase Yiu, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Chase Yiu Win User

Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting

Hey guys,

Continuing from my last post, this event was totally unplanned. Now that I have installed the correct device drivers but it doesn't seem to be working, now my Surface Pro 7 boots so SLOWLY. Plus, I've got the problem of my speakers. They now make a "popping" sound. This should have nothing to do with speakers because this happens as well on headphones. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but the problem still persists. Is there any way to fix it?

Possible suspects:

- Motherboard problems

- Bad chip?

- Broken solder joint?

- Wrong device drivers

Also, Surface Diagnostic tool suggested BitLocker. Because of this I ran the Surface Bit Locker Protector Check application, and it doesn't give me any good tips. It says "You BitLocker settings are not supported."

At least there's no more BSoDs for the time being!

P.S. Please don't let me reinstall windows - I've just done it a few months ago and it takes literally forever to recover.

:)

Chase Yiu, Feb 12, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting

MS Surface Pro cannot disable mic and speakers

I am not sure what forum to put this in so I am starting here.

I have an Asus monitor (with speakers) with a Logitech keyboard and mouse on my desk. Behind me on a smaller desk is a MS Surface Pro that the monitor (speakers), keyboard and mouse are plugged into.

Using conference software like Zoom is very inconvenient since the camera and microphone is behind my back and to use it I disconnect the Asus monitor and use the little SP screen, speakers and microphone.

I bought a cheap webcam with a microphone. The webcam and mic work.

In Device Manager I disabled the MS Surface Pro camera, speakers and mic.

In Windows 10 the USB webcam with mic and the Asus monitor's speakers are set to default.

The problem is with Zoom the sound still comes through the MS Surface Pro speakers even though the speakers are disabled in Device Manager. The MS Surface Pro microphone also still works even though it is disabled in Device Manager.

Any ideas how I can get the MS Surface Pro speakers and microphone shut completely down?

idahosurge, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting

1. Surface pro 7 Speaker problem and slow booting - Similar Threads - Surface pro Speaker

2. display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro: every time i switch on the laptop it has a few pixels from the previous time i used the laptop still stuck on itlater it goes back to being normal but it is still dimmer than the rest of the screenpls helpits also sometimes discoloured...
  3. display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display problem on microsoft surface 7 pro: every time i switch on the laptop it has a few pixels from the previous time i used the laptop still stuck on itlater it goes back to being normal but it is still dimmer than the rest of the screenpls helpits also sometimes discoloured...
  4. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  5. surface pro 7

surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  6. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  8. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  9. Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7: I have a problem with my surface it connot connect to the speaker and Mikrofon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/7a504d5c-8dfb-4cae-8b0a-987e5dabb8fc
  10. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...