Windows 10: Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade

Discus and support Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I've had my surface pro 7 for about 9 months. 2 days ago, after work, I come home to see my surface sitting in recovery mode. I reboot it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TrentSavage, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade

Hi All,

I've had my surface pro 7 for about 9 months. 2 days ago, after work, I come home to see my surface sitting in recovery mode. I reboot it and am met with a window that says:

"Couldn't find a bootable operating system. check the boot configuration to try to fix this. for more info, visit https://aka.ms/surfacebooterror"

I click "Ok" and it takes me to UFEI settings. I followed the directions in the URL it recommended but no luck. I remembered there being an update before all this happened. it said "Surface Firmware". After a lot of troubleshooting i found that I was able to fix it by creating a media tool to reinstall windows. It worked, but I had to delete my storage partition because it was encrypted, meaning I lost everything. I checked windows update to make sure I didnt see the surface firmware and to postpone it until they issue a fix or something. I didn't see it, and it said my surface was up to date. I take a break from my computer to see a prompt "We've got an update for you" its been sitting for a while, and I race to my computer to stop it and I guess time ran out because it started. The update fails and my surface is in the same condition. only this time, none of my drives appear when I try reinstalling windows. and there's a hard drive icon in the UFEI settings with an X in it. Which I know means theres a problem with the storage.

I'm still under warranty and qualify for a free replacement but that warranty expires in a few months, and the replacement only has 90 day warranty. I use this device for work and personal use and dont want to be out of a decent computer for however long the return process takes. I would like to know if there's absolutely nothing I can do? I've taken good care of my surface. It seems strange that a software update could critically damage the SSD unless there is a hardware failure. it only lasted 9 months and if this is the case I kinda dont want to deal with a replacement because if this is something that just happens, then I wouldn't want to be stuck with it when the warranty expires and I have to pay $599 for something that wasn't my fault. my surface is pretty much bricked

:)

TrentSavage, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 7

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023489

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Studio (07 December 2017) Surface

Brink, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 7

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023489

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 4 and Surface Studio (07 December 2017) Surface

Brink, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade

1. Surface pro 7 SSD not found after firmware upgrade - Similar Threads - Surface pro SSD

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. Upgrade Surface Pro 7 to Win10 Pro from VLSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Surface Pro 7 to Win10 Pro from VLSC: Hello, We purchased 15 licenses of the Win10 Pro upgrade from TechSoup. In the Volume License Service Center they show up as a Win7 key and I cannot use it to upgrade my Surface Pro 7 from Win10 Home -> Win10 Pro. We are a nonprofit and were hoping to use the donated...
  6. New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - October 21 Surface

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - October 21 Surface: Improvements and fixes in the update The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 7 devices running Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface - Firmware - 14.42.139.0 Surface System...
  7. New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Pro 3 - November 7

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Pro 3 - November 7: The following updates are delivered to Surface Pro 3 devices on Windows 10 Creators Update, version 1703 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – System – 2.0.1360.0 Surface Integration – System 2.0.1630.0 improves system stability and resolve...
  8. New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 3 - August 7, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New Firmware Update for Surface Pro 3 - August 7, 2018: The following update is delivered to Surface Pro 3 devices on Windows 10 Creators Update, build 1703: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Surface – Firmware – 3.11.2450.0 Surface UEFI – Firmware 3.11.2450.0 improves device security. Source:...
  9. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...
  10. New Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 7

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 7: December 2017 updates Dec 7 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10. This update requires 2 restarts to complete the update process: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Intel Corporation – HIDClass – 1.2.0.99...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 7 not detecting ssd