Windows 10: surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion

Discus and support surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My surface pro 7 suddenly produced a noise like something being shot while I was watching a movie, nor related to a movie : , then went into a total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnaO11JV, Aug 9, 2022.

1. AnaO11JV Win User

surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion

My surface pro 7 suddenly produced a noise like something being shot while I was watching a movie, nor related to a movie : , then went into a total blackout. I removed its charger and clicked on turn on switch. It restarted in the same state as it was before that small shot/explosion happened. except that internet connection was off and had to be reconnected. Now it works OK, but I have never seen anything like this happening on any of my computers.

:)

AnaO11JV, Aug 9, 2022

2. My Surface Pro 4 Cooling fan making noise

My Surface Pro 4 Cooling fan making noise, Product is out of warranty, can you please suggest Microsoft Service center in India where I can get it to repair.

NarendraGoliya, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion - Similar Threads - surface pro sudden

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion: My surface pro 7 suddenly produced a noise like something being shot while I was watching a movie, nor related to a movie : , then went into a total blackout. I removed its charger and clicked on turn on switch. It restarted in the same state as it was before that small...
  6. surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion

surface pro 7 sudden blackout with a strange noise like a small explosion: My surface pro 7 suddenly produced a noise like something being shot while I was watching a movie, nor related to a movie : , then went into a total blackout. I removed its charger and clicked on turn on switch. It restarted in the same state as it was before that small...
  7. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  8. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  9. Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7: I have a problem with my surface it connot connect to the speaker and Mikrofon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/7a504d5c-8dfb-4cae-8b0a-987e5dabb8fc
  10. surface pro 7 battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro 7 battery: how do i see time remaining on my surface pro 7 battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7-battery/13e8ff63-c362-4d57-b774-8cb70d054039