Windows 10: Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below...

Discus and support Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just updated my tablet for the first time in a month or so and the last couple days, occasionally when it gets to 57ish% power left, a big pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/princelokiofasgard, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below...

I just updated my tablet for the first time in a month or so and the last couple days, occasionally when it gets to 57ish% power left, a big pop up appears saying the battery is very low and to charge it. Usually(even the last couple days with the warning appearing) its fine to keep using until it gets to below 30% then i charge it. But I just got the pop up again and then when it hit 49% it shut down. I plugged it in and it turned back on but everything was still open and didn't need to reload or anything.

Any idea whats happening and how to fix it? I didn't mind the pop up but i don't want it randomly shutting down.

submitted by /u/princelokiofasgard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/princelokiofasgard, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

laptop shutting down before battery is low

Hi Roy,

For us to provide more troubleshooting steps to resolve the automatic shutdown issue, can you provide the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 2, 2020
  3. laptop shutting down before battery is low

is there a fix to stop windows 10 creators update from shutting down my laptop when i still have 50% battery left i noticed this happening after the creators update auto installed and at first i thought it might be the power settings which i tried i have
    moved the warning level from 10% up to 40% in the power settings but that made no difference as i would normally run on battery down to 20% get my low battery warning popup and then plug in to recharge now i have since noticed that when my battery monitor
    gets to 50% my laptop just shuts down ++ not sleep or hibernation ++ and any thing that i was working on is gone????????????????? after having checked the internet there seems to be lots of people having this problem and the fix's suggested don't work for
    me

CAN ANYONE HELP OR IS THIS A MICROSOFT BUG

System HP Pavilion Intel core I5-6200u CPU @2.30GHz 8GB Ram 64 bit operating system

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

roydallinger, Aug 2, 2020
  4. pinontoan Win User

Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below...

Direct Shuts Down less than 5 seconds after Low Battery Warning - Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10)

Hi,

I own a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 (Version 1703).

Windows 10 now directly shuts dow (hibernates) my Surface Pro 3 only less than 5 seconds after Low Battery Warning.

FYI, I use Battery X app, to monitor my battery. So far my discharge rate is between 15-20%.

So what's wrong?

Thanks!

pinontoan, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below...

1. Surface pro 7 tablet giving low battery warning at 50+% power left and shutting down below... - Similar Threads - Surface pro tablet

2. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  3. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  4. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  6. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  7. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop shuts down at low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down at low battery warning: This started a week or two ago, where instead of my laptop giving me the low battery warning, and I can continue to use it after I plug it in, it just shuts down instead of giving me said warning. Any way to fix this?...
  9. FULLY CHARGED LAPTOP GIVE BATTERY LOW WARNING & SHUTS DOWN IMMEDIATELY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FULLY CHARGED LAPTOP GIVE BATTERY LOW WARNING & SHUTS DOWN IMMEDIATELY: Fully charged pc automatically notifies me of low battary and shutsdown immediately. This happens only in the night. And once I connect it to the internet through my iphone wifi. Then once I plug in the charger in the day and turn it on, it shows me battery full...
  10. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Shutting Down Without Warning: I've had my Surface Pro 7 for just over 2 months now and I recently started to notice that, while disconnected from power, the battery has been draining significantly faster. Not to mention, my device will occasionally shut down for no reason if I leave it idle for more than...