Windows 10: Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Pro - USB issues Hubs cut off and on

Discus and support Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Pro - USB issues Hubs cut off and on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the recent update, my Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 Pro can not work with multiple USB items hooked up. I have tried multiple hubs. Using one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by forjat, Nov 22, 2020.

1. forjat Win User

Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Pro - USB issues Hubs cut off and on

After the recent update, my Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 Pro can not work with multiple USB items hooked up. I have tried multiple hubs. Using one USB hub works with no issues. Using multiple USB items caused the USB to lose connection. Keyboards, mouse and headset stop working. The USB peripherals will continuously stop working and then start working just repeating itself.

Hubs used, Kenninston Dock, J5 dock, Targus USB Hub, cheap no-name hub. I have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled them. Tried to roll back Surface updates as far as possible. I am unable to roll back the last MS update due to it being over 10 days since the update.

I am unable to change power settings. I seem to only have access to "Balanced Power". CSenabled is not in my registry toggle on.

This is a mess. I was able to bypass this by going out and purchasing a Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth mouse for use at the desk however my headphones, cardioid mic, and the occasional use of a Wacom tablet are not possible unless I do it one at a time.

Solutions tried:
    Searching for corrupt drivers
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling USB drivers
    Uninstalling/Reinstalling Surface Updates

Adjusting Power settings
    Enabling CSenable in the registry

Note: My system is part of a business network and is therefore managed by our IT department. This is mostly pertaining to Windows updates, as I do retain administer rights to the Surface Pro.

The only thing I have left to do is reinstall Windows. I want to avoid that because my PRO was installed with a code from the MS store when I purchased it. Kind of seems dumb when I say that after I just spent $250 on a quality Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. /smh

:)

forjat, Nov 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Pro 7, Windows 10 Pro - USB issues Hubs cut off and on - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Pro

2. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  3. Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off: When a file explorer window is near the left edge of my Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version of Windows 11, right clicking with my pen side button on an entry results in the popup context menu being placed to the left of the screen such that it is cut off. This doesn't...
  4. Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off: When a file explorer window is near the left edge of my Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version of Windows 11, right clicking with my pen side button on an entry results in the popup context menu being placed to the left of the screen such that it is cut off. This doesn't...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  6. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 11 USB Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 / Windows 11 USB Driver Issue: I have a Samsung T3 portable SSD. The unencrypted partition 125Mb is the only recognised when I reboot while the drive is plugged in. Device manager indicates all is well at this point.I then eject the drive, the UAS entry in device manager is removed. When I re-plug it into...
  7. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 11 USB Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 / Windows 11 USB Driver Issue: I have a Samsung T3 portable SSD. The unencrypted partition 125Mb is the only recognised when I reboot while the drive is plugged in. Device manager indicates all is well at this point.I then eject the drive, the UAS entry in device manager is removed. When I re-plug it into...
  8. Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 & Windows 10 Camera issues: I just purchased a Surface Pro 7 last summer and have been having camera issues for the last couple of months. First the camera quit taking pictures at all. Then, this morning, the camera stopped working on startup so Windows Hello is not working at all. When I go to take a...
  9. Surface Pro 7: USB-C hub not reading devices

Surface Pro 7: USB-C hub not reading devices: Hi, I've been having trouble with the USB-C port on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I have tried to connect my android phone and USB-C hub with external hard drives attached. The port allows me to charge the laptop and charges the phone but It does not recognize the phone or...
  10. Surface Pro 7 bluetooth off

Surface Pro 7 bluetooth off: Bluetooth on my new Surface Pro 7 stopped working for some reason. Says bluetooth is off. How do I turn it back on as I need a mouse for a project this morning and the mouse is not the problem...it is the SP7 bluetooth. Thanks!...