Windows 10: Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

Discus and support Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Surface Pro 7 with the latest Windows 10 updates installed, and since installing the latest updates, I have found that every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FarhanVirji, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 7 with the latest Windows 10 updates installed, and since installing the latest updates, I have found that every time I wake up my surface from sleep, my taskbar is frozen. I found a workaround to restart Windows Explorer through the Task Manager. However, I should not have to do this every single time I wake up my computer!

Does anyone have a permanent solution to this issue?

:)

FarhanVirji, Mar 9, 2021
  2. ahmd Win User

Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

ahmd, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

Surface windows 10 signin when wake from sleep

Hi Garfunkle,

It could be due to incorrect settings.

On the Sign-in page. The first option is Require sign-in. Select Never.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Power Options in Search. Click on it to open.
    • Click on require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection. Select Do not require a password. Click Ok.
    Also, refer the link below.

Surface power states

Sign in to and out of your Surface

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

1. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Surface Pro taskbar

2. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  3. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  4. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and freezes when the computer wakes up from sleep: I've been having issues since december 2020 primarily when the computer wakes from sleep. Sometimes it does not fully wake up, meaning monitors are turned on maybe the lights from the keyboard and mouse but it does not return to desktop. If i power down the PC hold power 3...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi I have a 3 months old Samsung laptop that goes automatically to sleep when I close the lid. However, after update 2004 when I open the lid to wake it up, system has been going unresponsive. Power light goes on but screen remains dead no fan or HDD noise as well. That...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep

Windows 10 freezes when waking up from sleep: I have an old HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor desktop PC. Yes, I know it's old and outdated and I should upgrade, but I can't afford that right now. Lately, when I try to wake my PC up from sleep, one of the following happens: 1. The screen is black the screen is on...
  8. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep: Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed. Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900....
  9. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  10. Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes after waking up from sleep: Trying Windows 10 again on my HP-15 laptop and I've noticed that when I put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button (which I have set to sleep), when I wake it up by moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard it wakes and the desktop appears, but then a second later...