Windows 10: Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue

Discus and support Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Surface Laptop that I use for work suddenly locked and is asking for the bitlocker recovery key. I've never even heard of this, but followed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RoriC, Sep 11, 2020.

1. RoriC Win User

Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue

My Surface Laptop that I use for work suddenly locked and is asking for the bitlocker recovery key. I've never even heard of this, but followed the directions went into my Microsoft account to find it. It says: "You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account. Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for might be on their account."

No one helped me set up my account and I have no idea how to get past this. Our tech guys just want to wipe the laptop, but I cannot lose ten years of my work. Please help!

:)

RoriC, Sep 11, 2020

2. Surface pro 4 needs Bitlocker recovery

Surface pro 4 needs Bitlocker recovery So what Should I do

KhaldounAlzaher, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

I have a surface pro that has now locked me out asking for BitLocker code. I don't recall activating, printing or saving this code. I've check my Microsoft account and there is no recovery code recorded against my Surface Pro. Help!

MalcolmHollywood, Sep 11, 2020
  4. UO_088 Win User

Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery'

Hello,

Last week, my surface stopped syncing my one-note and told me that I was out of space, I deleted all folders on my surface and then it gave me the blue screen and said 'error. surface pro needed to restart'. After it restarted, I could not log back in.
    It kept giving me a screen that said 'Preparing BitLocker recovery' and it would most times freeze on that screen. I got my recovery key and was able to create a recovery drive (I hope) to use to restore the surface. After trying different suggestions off
    the Microsoft site, I was able to get it to the troubleshooting page. I tried the info suggested to use from the Microsoft site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive#Download on
    the command prompt page, but it gave me a message that said 'the operation could not be performed because the volume is locked'. It won't let me uninstall any of the latest updates either or clear my data off the surface and reset. Can anyone please help me?
    Also, if I get this fixed, how can I stop it from happening again?

UO_088, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Bitlocker

2. Bitlocker recovery code issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery code issues: My laptop wasn't turning on from a few days. We requested the support and they mentioned it's a motherboard issue and changed it. Once done, the hardware guy left. When we try to turn on the laptop, it's asking for a bitlocker recovery code. I am typing it but it keeps on...
  3. Bitlocker recovery code issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery code issues: My laptop wasn't turning on from a few days. We requested the support and they mentioned it's a motherboard issue and changed it. Once done, the hardware guy left. When we try to turn on the laptop, it's asking for a bitlocker recovery code. I am typing it but it keeps on...
  4. Bitlocker recovery code issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro BitLocker Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro BitLocker Issue: My previous Surface Pro 4 was rendered not usable due to an expansion of the battery. The hard drive was recovered without any damage BUT BitLocker protection was applied to it. Since I do not have that unit any more where can I locate the BitLocker code in my account for the...
  6. Surface Pro recovery key site issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro recovery key site issue: My Surface Pro has started booting into startup recovery and asking for the recovery key. When I login I see the device in the devices list and match the Serial Number for Surface UEFI to online but when I click on the Bitlocker "Manage recovery keys" button I get the...
  7. BitLocker code recovery

BitLocker code recovery: Hello, I have a pc which was signed in to my microsoft account. The microsoft account does not exists today. Once using my pc, it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I asked a person who repairs pc. He said that you have to enter the BitLocker key. I have not entered any...
  8. Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery'

Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery': Hello, Last week, my surface stopped syncing my one-note and told me that I was out of space, I deleted all folders on my surface and then it gave me the blue screen and said 'error. surface pro needed to restart'. After it restarted, I could not log back in. It kept...
  9. surface pro bitlocker

surface pro bitlocker: I turned on my computer and got the "critical error cannot open start menu." I restarted multiple times and resorted to going into windows troubleshooting, I tried to change start-up settings but I needed to put in a bitlocker code, this is a preowned system I bought so it is...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue

Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue: Bitlocker recovery key didn't sent to me (email account) after clicking "send code", may I know what is the problem of it? Window Message prompted: "Enter your security code" If XXXXX matches the email address on your account, we'll send you a code. Code Results: no code...