Windows 10: Surface Pro constantly freezing

Discus and support Surface Pro constantly freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently got a difference Surface Pro and use Microsoft Windows/Office on it. I am finding the applications keep freezing which is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KHurst, Feb 6, 2019.

1. KHurst Win User

Surface Pro constantly freezing

Hi there,

I recently got a difference Surface Pro and use Microsoft Windows/Office on it. I am finding the applications keep freezing which is very frustrating. It can be in any of the office apps at different points but find it is more frequent when i go to save a document of share a document. I never had it on my previous Pro.

Also the face recognition doesn't work on this one but did on my previous Pro?

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks.

:)

KHurst, Feb 6, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Feb 6, 2019
  3. GT2er Win User
    Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Suvarna,

I have the same freezing problem but I cannot even reboot. My 1-week old Surface Pro 4 is totally unresponsive. I cannot shut it down. Any suggestions?

Leo

GT2er, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface Pro constantly freezing - Similar Threads - Surface Pro constantly

2. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing had worked. The touchpad...
  3. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing had worked. The touchpad...
  4. Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on surface pro 7+ is freezing: I have a surface pro 7 + tablet which is working fine, but quite frequently the touchpad freezes. I tried uninstalling the drivers but it did not help. I also tried with Microsoft Diagnostics Toolkit and with Intel Graphics command Center but nothing did work. The touchpad is...
  5. Xbox app freezing on surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app freezing on surface pro 8: Xbox app won’t work except for scrolling and minimizing the window. I cannot even close the app without using Task manager. I have tried all the tips provided. Uninstalling and reinstalling. I’ve repaired the app and Microsoft store. I am out of options. What can I do? I have...
  6. Constant BSOD MS Surface Pro 7 Tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD MS Surface Pro 7 Tablet: I started getting BSOD 20th June 2020 after I did a Win 10 update. This is on my MS Surface Pro 7 tablet, it did not affect my Win10 desktop. I am in Australia and purchased the Tablet direct from Microsoft in January. I ran the Win10 update on 22nd June and this did not...
  7. Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot

Surface Pro 2017 - Freezes, then needs reboot: Hello everyone, My Surface has had this problem as long as I've had it. It is a Surface Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM and an i7 CPU. Occasionally, like once in two weeks, it freezes totally and I have to restart it to work. But now, this is happening more often, something like...
  8. surface pro fan constantly running

surface pro fan constantly running: My surface pro fan is constantly running even when no programs are open. only when I unplug it and it goes to power saver mode suddenly the fan shuts up. Does anyone know how I can manually put my surface into power savor mode when plugged in? my windows is updated and in...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze

Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze: Hi, I originally use Windows 7, trying to update that to Windows 10 but it does not allow me to. Anyway, I purchase a new SSD (Crucial BX300 480gb) to install Win 10 on it. However, it constantly freezes for no particular reason. Sometimes it freezes when it starts up....
  10. Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro: Constant crashes & freezing: HAVE HAD MY SYSTEM FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS..all of a sudden it seems to be suffering badly, by that I mean frequently, from either system crash or freeze. If it crashes, I have left my PC running and presumably it's gone to sleep...I come back and mouse/keyboard won't wake it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro keeps locking

2. surface keeps freezing

3. surface pro keeps freezing

4. surface pro keep freezing,
  5. surface pro 2 keep freezing is it due to windows or hard drive,
  6. windows surface keeps freezing,
  7. surface pro fan sound high and keep freezing