Windows 10: surface pro dock and chrome

Discus and support surface pro dock and chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomWR2000, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TomWR2000 Win User

surface pro dock and chrome

no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work

:)

TomWR2000, Aug 4, 2019
  2. TomWR2000 Win User

no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work

TomWR2000, Sep 29, 2019
  3. surface pro dock and chrome

Hi Tom

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Start by making sure the driver for the Dock is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402347...

Make sure you go through all the following troubleshooting steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402346...

I would also uninstall then reinstall Chrome to see if it resolves the problem.

Andre for Directly, Sep 29, 2019
  4. C3-Bill Win User

Surface pro 4 Dock Scaling problems

No question this is a problem. And for those who dock and undock frequently, it's a HUGE problem. Rebooting after connecting or disconnecting does correct the problem, but it's certainly not a fix. I frequently have multiple apps open when I close the cover
    or dock/undock (e.g. I use sleep mode a lot). Having to close all my work in progress to reboot and then reopen everything just to fix scaling is too frustrating.

A few suggestions to make the problem slightly more tolerable until Microsoft fixes this issue (this assumes your using the recommended 200% scaling)...

• Suggestion 1: Boot your Surface disconnected from the dock and login, THEN connect to your dock. Windows will apply the high DPI scaling, which makes most of your non-Microsoft apps (e.g. Chrome, etc.) usable, though font readability does
      suffer. If Windows Explorer, Edge, or Microsoft Office apps were open before you docked, they'll have to be closed and reopened to reset the font scaling (otherwise they'll be quite large).
    • Suggestion 2: For non-Microsoft apps, you can disable the high DPI scaling per application. Find the application's EXE file, right-click and select properties, then click on the Compatibility tab. Check ON the "Disable display scaling
      on high DPI settings
      " option. This will disable the down-scaling that Windows applies, but of course your application will run at 200% normal size. In some cases, this may be more desirable. For example, I use this mode for my NetBeans IDE and Google
      Chrome and then use the preferences of those applications to set the font display size. It made both more readable and comfortable to use when docked.

None of these are good workarounds. If you set scaling to 100%, everything is great when docked but entirely too small when just using the Surface 4 Pro's display (unless you're still under 40 with great eye sight).

Come on Microsoft... you've got a great product in the Surface 4 Pro, so please get the dock scaling issue fixed.

C3-Bill, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. surface pro dock and chrome - Similar Threads - surface pro dock

2. Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9: I purchased a Surface Pro 9 to replace my surface laptop2. I have two 34" LG monitors connected through the display ports to Surface Dock 1 work fine. I purchased a Surface Dock 2 and connected it with USB-c to HDMI input on both monitors. Both monitors flash on and off. Why?...
  3. Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Surface Dock 1 to Surface Doc2 with a new Surface Pro 9: I purchased a Surface Pro 9 to replace my surface laptop2. I have two 34" LG monitors connected through the display ports to Surface Dock 1 work fine. I purchased a Surface Dock 2 and connected it with USB-c to HDMI input on both monitors. Both monitors flash on and off. Why?...
  4. Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem: I have a USB-C dock that works fine on one of my Surface Pro 7's, however not on my second one. I have 2 external monitors hooked up to the dock 1 through HDMI, 1 through DisplayPort. Both monitors will go black randomly for a few seconds not at the same time, then come back...
  5. Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a Surface Pro 7 with a USB-C Dock Problem: I have a USB-C dock that works fine on one of my Surface Pro 7's, however not on my second one. I have 2 external monitors hooked up to the dock 1 through HDMI, 1 through DisplayPort. Both monitors will go black randomly for a few seconds not at the same time, then come back...
  6. Surface Dock not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Dock not working: The dock doesn't work on my computer, but works another computer. It can charge my computer, but I can't use stuff plugged into it. And before you go saying to update it, I tried that, but it didn't work. So how do I fix my issue? P.S. I know the category is "Microsoft...
  7. Chrome not re-installing on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome not re-installing on Surface Pro: Hi there, I just uninstalled Chrome from my Surface Pro because it was acting up, and now I can't re-install it. It does not download the file. I have Windows 10 Pro and my computer is not in Safe Mode. I need help. Thank you. Britta...
  8. Surface Dock firmware coming soon to Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Dock firmware coming soon to Surface Pro X: The Microsoft Surface Dock engineering team will soon be rolling out firmware support for Surface Pro X to enable users of the 2-in-1 device to directly run Microsoft Surface Dock Firmware Update. Currently, to update the firmware on Surface Dock, commercial customers can use...
  9. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports: Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-docking-station-ports/14e09b77-f6d2-4d4d-aeb3-0fe03d05c8a1
  10. Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro on dock screen shutting down randomly: I have a Surface Pro with an external monitor connected via DP using the Surface Dock and with the lid shut, randomly and the monitor screen goes blank. I will get this error "Surface Tcon Driver TP Read fails, Status = 0xc0000186" in the event log. The power settings are set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome not working when surface pro docked