Windows 10: Surface Pro does not sleep

Discus and support Surface Pro does not sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set my surface pro to sleep after 2 hrs when plugged in but it never sleeps. No errors or anything, but i have to always manually rurn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EbonyBurroughs, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Surface Pro does not sleep

I have set my surface pro to sleep after 2 hrs when plugged in but it never sleeps. No errors or anything, but i have to always manually rurn it off which sucks if i fall asleep while watching a movie.

:)

EbonyBurroughs, Feb 11, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Surface Pro does not sleep

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro does not sleep

1. Surface Pro does not sleep - Similar Threads - Surface Pro does

2. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  3. Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep function not available on SUrface 7+ Pro: Hi,I just bought a Surface 7+ Pro about a week ago. 2 days ago I've noticed it was warm inside my bag and it was draining battery because wasn't sleeping as I closed the keyboard. Upon investigation I discovered the sleep function wasn't working anymore. The powercfg /a gives...
  4. Surface Pro 6 - Sleep Unavailable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 6 - Sleep Unavailable: I have a Surface Pro 6 that is fully up to date. My wife also has the exact same computer which we purchased at the same time. Mine does not have the Sleep option available. I have tried going into advanced power options but there is no option to tick the box for sleep on my...
  5. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  6. Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF)

Surface Pro 4 sleeping while using (Sleep is OFF): So i just got my Surface Pro 4 replaced under warranty. I take my replacement out of the box, excited to finally have it back. (It had been broken for a couple of months before I realised it was still under warranty.) So as I boot it up, get through the setup, and start...
  7. Surface Pro 6 Crashes after Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 6 Crashes after Sleep: Every time i turn on my surface pro 6 after it went to hibernate, all apps are closes\d as if it i am turning it on from being turned off. opening chrome i get a message it did not shut down properly. it is as if the machine crashes some point after i put in hibernate. any...
  8. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  9. Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping: I have a Surface Pro 3 and it has an issue where when it sleeps, it will crash and power off. There is a critical Kernel-Power event (41) whenever this happens, and sometimes it's accompanied by a BSOD, other times it's not - The BSOD bugcheck message does seem to vary...
  10. Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion: i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks! 4302