Windows 10: Surface pro does not turn off USB power

Discus and support Surface pro does not turn off USB power in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried all the suggestions, but as usual, none of them actually work. I want the USB power to be removed when the surface pro goes to sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisAlfred, May 5, 2020.

1. Surface pro does not turn off USB power

I have tried all the suggestions, but as usual, none of them actually work.

I want the USB power to be removed when the surface pro goes to sleep.

Can this, or can this not, be done?

If this can be done, how?

Only Microsoft can really answer this problem - they built the hardware.

:)

ChrisAlfred, May 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface pro does not turn off USB power :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 5, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, May 5, 2020
  4. Surface pro does not turn off USB power

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Surface pro does not turn off USB power

1. Surface pro does not turn off USB power - Similar Threads - Surface pro does

2. Power up surface pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power up surface pro: I am unable to start my surface pro 7. Nothing works to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-surface-pro/f085f90b-222f-4350-9d16-ace978bc5888
  3. Power up surface pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power up surface pro: I am unable to start my surface pro 7. Nothing works to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-surface-pro/f085f90b-222f-4350-9d16-ace978bc5888
  4. Surface Pro 8 Keyboard turns off the Surface when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 Keyboard turns off the Surface when connected: Just bought a surface pro 8 bundle from Costco every time I go to hook up the signature type pad the screen turn off, but when I disconnect it screen come back on. I thought it got fixed when I diagnosed it with support team but it's now doing it again. Very frustrating I...
  5. Surface Pro 8 Keyboard turns off the Surface when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 Keyboard turns off the Surface when connected: Just bought a surface pro 8 bundle from Costco every time I go to hook up the signature type pad the screen turn off, but when I disconnect it screen come back on. I thought it got fixed when I diagnosed it with support team but it's now doing it again. Very frustrating I...
  6. Surface Pro 3 Will not turn off--keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Will not turn off--keeps rebooting: I have a Surface 3 Pro. Bought it on Ebay, so I really don't know any background history with it. But it has a problem of restarting about 75 percent of the time. I noticed the problem when the battery kept running down. Come to find out when I thought I was turning it off,...
  7. Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 keyboard turning on and off: I have a surface pro four, and the keyboard it came with that I've been using since I got it suddenly started acting up, about an hour ago. It's been turning on and off, at seemingly random intervals, even though I've done what others have suggested for simmilar problems...
  8. how do I turn usb power off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn usb power off?: I want to ensure USB port power is off when my computer is in the sleep mode. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-usb-power-off/3e510ca5-06df-4e97-8170-4f5b9ca67e13
  9. Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 m3 won't turn off and BSOD Power state failure drive: Every time I try to turn off my Surface pro 4 from the windows menu it doesn't do anything. The restart button work but I always get a BSOD of power state failure drive. I have all drivers updated, I've tried multiple times to reset it, but it always fails from the BSOD...
  10. Power down button does not completely turn computer power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power down button does not completely turn computer power off: I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I power down the system from the menu, my computer does not completely turn off. The procedure I use is described below: Click Windows_Start_button > Power > Shutdown The system closes applications and appears to...