Windows 10: Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...

Discus and support Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using this for years on my older laptop, also using Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bellbrae, Sep 25, 2018.

1. bellbrae Win User

Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...

I have been using this for years on my older laptop, also using Windows 10.

:)

bellbrae, Sep 25, 2018
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also... [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also... [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Hi Tahuya,
    I also have the latest Windows 10 update, version 1703 build 15063.413 (on a Pro 64 bit machine). The upgrade disabled my old Epson 1200 scanner, as usual, but I found that the work-around to use the 2400 driver was straightforward, as follows.
    Device Manager showed the yellow warning triangle against the Epson Perfection 2400 imaging device. Double click, then select Driver, then Update Driver. Next 'browse my computer for driver software', then 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer'. This brings up a manufacturer list which includes Epson, and when selected that gives Epson Perfection 2400 as one of the options.
    Job done in under two minutes.

MikeinGrange, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...

1. Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also... - Similar Threads - Surface Pro giving

2. Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...: Who created this Windows Scanner APP, a MONKEY! WHY POST ANYTHING OR COMPLAIN, WINDIOWS IS LIKE CONGRESS COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO ANY ABOUT IT!!!...
  3. Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Window allow me to use my Epson scanner using Epson drivers, this Windows...: Who created this Windows Scanner APP, a MONKEY! WHY POST ANYTHING OR COMPLAIN, WINDIOWS IS LIKE CONGRESS COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO ANY ABOUT IT!!!...
  4. Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I have did EVERYTHING that every forum has recommended me to do. Update my driver, uninstall and reinstall, connect and disconnect. Nothing works.My scanner isn't even visible in my computer. It's connected through USB. The scanner's error light is blinking. No matter what...
  5. Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I have did EVERYTHING that every forum has recommended me to do. Update my driver, uninstall and reinstall, connect and disconnect. Nothing works.My scanner isn't even visible in my computer. It's connected through USB. The scanner's error light is blinking. No matter what...
  6. Epson Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scanner: My Epson WF3520 scanner won't work with my new Windows 10 laptop. It does fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scanner/1588806c-5783-4df2-b664-59662731cdf3
  7. my epson scanner will not work

my epson scanner will not work: I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epson-scanner-will-not-work/d99d586d-1b82-4ea7-bfa8-5ef8e358e182
  8. V600 Epson scanner

V600 Epson scanner: I have a computer with window 10 and have downloaded drivers for Epson V600 scanner. It fails to work. Googled the problem and other people have the same issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/v600-epson-scanner/9763feef-93af-452f-8c14-eb60e252c7fa
  9. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  10. My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...

My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine but it gives me a...: My Epson Workforce 845 Scanner does not work. It prints fine, but it gives me a "communication Error" when trying to use the scanner. The driver is current and it is connected to a USB 2.0 port on my Dell Inspiron 3640....