Windows 10: Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme

Discus and support Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]High-speed performance and long battery life are the obvious benefits of Surface Pro in everyday use. It also caters to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme

Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme Surface-Pro-entry-100x100.jpg
    Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme Surface-Pro-entry-150x120.jpg High-speed performance and long battery life are the obvious benefits of Surface Pro in everyday use. It also caters to your entertainment needs, like watching movies or playing games. Although good, the device has an unusual problem associated with it. [...]

This post Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 18, 2019

2. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Changing brightness on Surface Pro

My Surface Pro is always changing brightness without any participation on my side. I tried to
    disable adaptive brightness, but the issue is still there.

Michael Horton4, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme

Surface Pro ( 2017 ) Keeps changing brightness

Hi Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you aware of any changes made to your Surface Pro prior to the issue?

Method 1: Sensor Troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to run the Sensor Troubleshooter and check
    if this helps.

Method 2: Modifying The Registry.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Step 1: Press the Windows and the
    R keys from your keyboard and type Regedit and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: On the left pane, go to the following location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 000

Step 3: Now, open the DWORD called
    FeatureTestControl on the right-pane and change its value to
    9a50
    > Restart the Surface once and check for the issue.

Method 3: Install Surface and Windows Updates.

Install Surface and Windows updates, restart the Surface once, and check for the
    issue.

Method 4: Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Fix common Surface problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and see if this
    helps.

Method 5: Update Drivers.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drivers for your Surface Pro by going to
    Drivers and Firmware for Surface and select your Surface Pro model.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme

1. Surface Pro keeps changing brightness and color scheme - Similar Threads - Surface Pro keeps

2. automatic display color scheme changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic display color scheme changing: Hey!im facing a problem in my laptop that the color scheme/settings are automatically adjusted to a warmer tone when i wake it from sleep or power it on. im using intel UHD G1 31.0.101.2121 graphics for display output, W11 22H2...
  3. automatic display color scheme changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic display color scheme changing: Hey!im facing a problem in my laptop that the color scheme/settings are automatically adjusted to a warmer tone when i wake it from sleep or power it on. im using intel UHD G1 31.0.101.2121 graphics for display output, W11 22H2...
  4. How to change PowerShell color scheme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change PowerShell color scheme: By default, when I Iaunch PowerShell 7.2.5, it comes up as white on black with a height of 30 rows. When I right-click the title bar and select Properties, on the Layout tab I can change the height to 50. However, on the Colors tab, when I try to change the foreground and...
  5. How to change PowerShell color scheme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change PowerShell color scheme: By default, when I Iaunch PowerShell 7.2.5, it comes up as white on black with a height of 30 rows. When I right-click the title bar and select Properties, on the Layout tab I can change the height to 50. However, on the Colors tab, when I try to change the foreground and...
  6. How to change PowerShell color scheme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Change windows color scheme automaticaly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows color scheme automaticaly: What i want to do is automaticaly change the Windows color scheme from light mode to dark mode automaticaly at 20:00. I foundthis guide that does exactly that, but doesen't work as of this version....
  8. Change color scheme

Change color scheme: Split from this thread. Is there a simple way I can reset Windows 10 color scheme to the original? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-color-scheme/72e3be9d-4ba8-4ada-ac27-949fc2fdafb0
  9. Surface Pro ( 2017 ) Keeps changing brightness

Surface Pro ( 2017 ) Keeps changing brightness: Hello all, I have an issue with my surface where it keeps changing brightness without me changing any settings I have disabled adaptive brightness, that's why I'm not sure why this is still happening. Any help would be appreciated...
  10. "Auto-change color scheme" doesnt change colors with slideshow

"Auto-change color scheme" doesnt change colors with slideshow: I have windows 10 x64 home installation. I noticed, that despite I have enabled option "auto-change color scheme" (I have non-english installation so the name may differ), but it's only happening when I'm setting wallpapers manually. If it's changing with slideshow, the color...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface keeps changing brightness

2. surface pro keeps changing brightness