Windows 10: Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error

Discus and support Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. My Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error. I am able to use my laptop after it restarts a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TiffanyGoh, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error

Hi all. My Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error. I am able to use my laptop after it restarts a couple of times and I click on Advanced Options - Startup Settings - Disable driver signature enforcement.

However, the problem of the random restarting and the Critical Service Erroe persists. Is there any way for me to find out what is the problem and solve the issue permanently? Easy to comprehend answers are much appreciated! Thanks!

:)

TiffanyGoh, Jul 2, 2020
  2. albert1 Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting after Security Center Reset from Services

Tried the suggestions of stopping services, then restarting. However all that resulted with Windows 10 finding something wrong and needing to restart windows again.

After several attempts not being able to log in eventually was able to achieve a standard login where I'm currently at .. however I'm afraid to do reboot windows as it may run into the restarting loop again finding something wrong of which it won't explain what exactly.

Who and why the developers add this sort of troubleshooting routines is beyond me. Windows finds a problem won't disclose what it as and keeps rebooting potentially more than a dozen times saying it found a problem and now needs to restart without any error codes and other descriptions and explanations.

It not exactly a mission critical problem.

Currently after checking these service are currently running

• Background Intelligent Transfer Service” - Automatic
    • “Cryptographic” service - Automatic
    • “Windows Update” service - Automatic with delayed start

Defenders Antivirus service won't start keeps producing the same 1053 error upon attempting to start.

I'm not going to perform another restart until I have more information why Windows 10 keeps finding something wrong after a restart, won't log-in and decides it will check everything and restart for me and then enter a continual restarting loop each with the same messages without any or much of an explanation for what's going on etc..

albert1, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error

1. Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error - Similar Threads - Surface Pro keeps

2. Critical Error - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  3. Critical Error - random restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  4. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro keeps restarting on and off: My PC is stuck on the same operation and I've tried opening the safe mode but it also prevailed to nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-keeps-restarting-on-and-off/4c29ada9-4e99-47f6-a1da-62d1810dd33f
  5. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface pro keeps restarting on and off: My PC is stuck on the same operation and I've tried opening the safe mode but it also prevailed to nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-keeps-restarting-on-and-off/4c29ada9-4e99-47f6-a1da-62d1810dd33f
  6. My surface pro keeps restarting on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Critical Service failed error

Critical Service failed error: All of a sudden, my os stopped working. Today when i started my laptop, getting below error Stop code: critical service failed.. Team can you please help me out to rectify this issue? I have attached screenshot for the same[IMG]...
  8. getting critical errors! random restarts.

getting critical errors! random restarts.: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. and Pre-registration for 'Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.13472.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' failed. (Error: The system...
  9. Surface Pro Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro Restart Loop: Today, for seemingly no reason, my Surface Pro got stuck in a restart loop. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." It then gives me various Stop codes, some of them having .sys in the name. I can get to the UEFI settings and choose...
  10. Critical service error.

Critical service error.: I'm receiving a critical service error when starting my computer. I have done some research and watched some videos. However everything is directing me to the advanced repair screen. The problem is after I receive the error message I see the windows logo again with a message...