Windows 10: Surface Pro language options not even selectable

Discus and support Surface Pro language options not even selectable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just received my new Surface Pro (5th generation), windows 10 Enterprise installed, latest updates... Language and location settings are set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickPutman, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Surface Pro language options not even selectable

Hi,

I just received my new Surface Pro (5th generation), windows 10 Enterprise installed, latest updates... Language and location settings are set to US, however with Belgian keyboard.

The language options like handwriting and speech to text are not available.

When attempting to download new language packs, no (really none) language options seem available, not even in de US language pack. The only option available is Windows default language.

Colleagues of mine to see these options available before even downloading the language packs, but I don't. The don't have a Surface Pro though.

Any idea that can help me forward? It used to work on my previous Surface Pro 4.

Txs,

Patrick

:)

PatrickPutman, Oct 21, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 language problem.

Hi Fabian,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the base language on your Surface device?
    How to add an input language to your Surface device:

Step 1:

Let's follow these steps below to add an input language to your Surface device:

1.Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2.Select Add a language.

3.Select the language you want to use from the list, then choose which region's version you want to use. Your download will begin immediately.

Step 2:

Also follow these steps below to set your display language on your Surface device.

1.Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2.Choose one of your languages, then select Set as default.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Bad Bat Win User
    How do I set this new Surface Book Pro up so the default system language is English?

Original Title - Windows 10 Language List

We recently purchased a Surface Book Pro. The person setting up the machine accidentally set the default language to French. After a bit of French to English translation (web tool) I was able to get all of the language settings back to English. However,
    when I go to Settings > Region & Language the language is set to "English (United States) Windows display language (override)". On another Surface Book Pro (set up using English as the language choice) the language is set to "English (United States) Windows
    display language. The "(override)" portion is not present in the second (English setup) Surface Book Pro.

Back to the Surface Book Pro set up using French. If I click on Additional date, time & regional settings > language I land on the change you language preferences page. English (United States) is the only language displayed. When I click on the Options link
    (right side of the row) I see that English (United States) Window display language is listed as Enabled (override). If I click on Change override I am taken to the Advanced Settings screen where I see the Override for Windows Display Language under which is
    a comment "If you want to use a display language that's different than the one determined by the order of your language list, choose it here". I then select the drop down menu and I am presented with "Use language list (recommended), francais (France), and
    English (United States).

I want to remove francais (France) from my language list, however, I have been unsuccessful in finding out how to remove the language from the Surface Book Pro. I have tried all kinds of steps suggested in multiple forums, however, in most cases when the
    suggested fix says I should now see French, or francais(France), all I see is English.

Question: How do I set this new Surface Book Pro up so the default system language is English? ... or ... How do I remove the French language pack from the Surface Book Pro so I no longer get the "Windows display language (override)" message?

Bad Bat, Oct 21, 2018
  4. HeinPMK Win User

Surface Pro language options not even selectable

Surface Pro 3: Handwriting | There are not handwriting options for this language.

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 3, and just started working with it. Now I try to install the handwriting packs, but I am not able to. I got 3 language packs: English (UK), English (USA) and Dutch (NL).

My region is set to United States

My language is set English (US)

My speech language is set to English US

However when i click on region & language and look in the English (US) language it says: There are not handwriting options for this language.

This is the same for the other 2 languages.

In the optional feautures list I do see the handwriting packs for all 3 languages.

Can someone explain me how I get this to work, or how to install the handwriting packs?

Thanks in advange,

Hein

HeinPMK, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro language options not even selectable

1. Surface Pro language options not even selectable - Similar Threads - Surface Pro language

2. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  3. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  4. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  5. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  6. Surface Pro 2 Recovery Options not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 2 Recovery Options not working: Hi, I got a Surface 2 from my friend around a month ago, she said it didn't work since she bought it. It runs Windows 10 RT Enterprise Insider. When I try go to the recovery options, any of them, it does not work. Command Prompt doesn't work, startup repair doesn't...
  7. Language select button

Language select button: I recently noticed that my language change button at the bottom of the display has now threeoptions instead of two: English US Hebrew QAB - Unknown Locale qab - Latn US Keyboard. How can I remove the QAB? It does not appear in the Preferred LanguageList. The list...
  8. Surface Pro battery limit option not showing

Surface Pro battery limit option not showing: I have a surface pro 4 which is constantly connected to power. To prolong battery life, I want to turn on battery limit mode, where the power supply does not charge the surface pro more if the battery is more than 50% full. However, in the surface UEFI, under boot...
  9. Language bug on microsoft surface pro 3

Language bug on microsoft surface pro 3: I don't know if anyone has the same problem but my keyboard language has a weird language that I did not set or installed on the language preferences. Below is my language settings, as you can see there is only English and Thai [ATTACH] However, the keyboard language I...
  10. Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 - Changing Single Language Version: Hello, After attempting to change the display language on my Chinese Surface Pro 4, and also after much head-to-wall slamming, I have come to the conclusion that my computer is likely a single language version (why does this even exist? seriously....) [img] This is my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface language option unavaible