Windows 10: Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Discus and support Surface pro microSD card reader not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram. Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FletcherHandscomb, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Hi there. I have just brought a brand new Surface pro 4 64 bit, i5, 128 gig, 8 gig ram.

Everything is fine however I have recently decided to expand my storage by adding a 128gig microSD card.

The card arrived today however...

Unfortunately the surface does not seem to be picking up the microSD card. The card works fine in other devices. (An android phone)

I have been through trouble shooting, restarted surface, did the power butting volume up trick to enter setup and it says the microSD card reader is switch on.

One more thing to note I have recently updated the OS with the latest version as prompted by Microsoft.

I'm not a computer pro but I do know my way round an operating system.

Any ideas?

:)

FletcherHandscomb, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Kari Win User
    Kari, Aug 8, 2018
  3. cmlmstf Win User
    cmlmstf, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Surface pro microSD card reader not working.

1. Surface pro microSD card reader not working. - Similar Threads - Surface pro microSD

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  5. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  6. USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11: I have 2 USB 3.0 microSD card readers. A SanDisk MobileMate & an Anker dual card reader. Both worked flawlessly on my PC under Windows 10 but neither will work under Windows 11. They both show up in the Device Manager under Other devices. I cannot get Windows 11 to recognize...
  7. USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11

USB microSD card reader fails to mount in Widows 11: I have 2 USB 3.0 microSD card readers. A SanDisk MobileMate & an Anker dual card reader. Both worked flawlessly on my PC under Windows 10 but neither will work under Windows 11. They both show up in the Device Manager under Other devices. I cannot get Windows 11 to recognize...
  8. microSD card stopped being mounted on Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microSD card stopped being mounted on Microsoft Surface Pro 4: After working fine for a year, the microSD card I use stopped being assigned a drive letter and is not seen in file explorer: 1. The sd is recognized as a disk drive. 2. The system is up to date. 3. I uninstalled in device manager and rescanned and it is found as a drive....
  9. Surface Go microSD card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go microSD card not working: *All below using always the same card (SanDisk 400GB), that works in other devices: First, I inserted it in my brand new surface Go and it worked for a few weeks. Then, all of sudden, it disappeared (in the middle of usage) and kept not recognizing it for another weeks....
  10. Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix: Windows 10 Surface stopped reading my MicroSD card. I fixed it by using USB reader and...: Hello all, My Windows 10 Surface 3 tablet stopped recognizing my Lexar 64MB MicroSD card. I saw multiple issues online with people experiencing similar issues with Win 10 after an update. Here's how I fixed my problem, I hope it helps others... I bought 2 other MicroSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 microsd surface

2. sd card reader missing surface pro3 win 10