Windows 10: Surface Pro not printing in color

Discus and support Surface Pro not printing in color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Pro which is not printing in color on my HP Deskjet printer. I have completely uninstalled the printer on the device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieBrewer, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Surface Pro not printing in color

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro which is not printing in color on my HP Deskjet printer. I have completely uninstalled the printer on the device manager and reinstalled it with no success, as well as updating Windows 10. I know that it is not an issue with the printer as I can print in color with no issues from my phone and other devices. When exploring printer properties, I cannot see a setting where my printer would be limited to greyscale only as there are no color options. Any advice?

:)

CharlieBrewer, Dec 26, 2019
  2. RJFYEG Win User

Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

RJFYEG, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Print in color

I've tried this'

but there is no print color to choose!

Change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
    3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
    4. Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.

ChristinaTracy1, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Surface Pro not printing in color

Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro not printing in color

1. Surface Pro not printing in color - Similar Threads - Surface Pro printing

2. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  3. HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color: After installing Windows 11, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 will not print in color. Only gives me a choice of grayscale or monochrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-officejet-pro-8610-will-not-print-in-color/ce8d6cf8-14d9-49a9-b173-ac662ea0112b
  4. Display Colors on Microsoft Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Colors on Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Hi, I've been using my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 for digital art for the past year or so. I love it, I primarily draw using Clip Studio Paint and they work great together. My issue has been that from the beginning I've noted that the colors on the screen will often shift...
  5. My surface pro 3 will not print.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My surface pro 3 will not print.: Our Surface Pro will not print. The message on the screen is "computer offline". Not sure where to start to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-3-will-not-print/a9d8d568-67ea-4e45-9364-241be288ab65
  6. Surface pro won’t print in colour

Surface pro won’t print in colour: My surface pro has stopped printing in colour. The printer is an HP envy and it is not a problem with the printer - if i e-mail a document to my son’s laptop he can print it in colour. I have checked what the ‘print’ page should look like on another laptop. There is no...
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 will not print color

Microsoft Surface Pro 6 will not print color: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I bought it in Dec. I also have an HP 5540 All-in-One printer. The printer prints color from all 3 of my phones, tablets, and husband's macbook henceforth, crapbook. I bought the Surface, because I HATE apple. You don't understand. I HATE...
  8. Surface Pro won't print in color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro won't print in color: My surface Pro won't print in color. The printer prints fine from other devices so I know it is not the problem. This just started randomly about a week ago, it previously worked fine....
  9. Surface Pro will not print in colour

Surface Pro will not print in colour: Hi, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which is not printing in colour on my HP Deskjet printer. I have completely uninstalled the printer on device manager and reinstalled it with no success, as well as updating Windows 10. I know that it is not an issue with the printer as...
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...