Windows 10: Surface Pro recovery key site issue

Discus and support Surface Pro recovery key site issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Surface Pro has started booting into startup recovery and asking for the recovery key. When I login I see the device in the devices list and match... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alcollaborativearchitectu, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Surface Pro recovery key site issue

My Surface Pro has started booting into startup recovery and asking for the recovery key. When I login I see the device in the devices list and match the Serial Number for Surface UEFI to online but when I click on the Bitlocker "Manage recovery keys" button I get the error:Try a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead.I found the UEFI date and time was incorrect and updated it to be correct but there was no change. Either need help getting past the recovery or help getting the recovery key or both.

:)

alcollaborativearchitectu, Aug 14, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Aug 14, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro recovery key site issue

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro recovery key site issue

1. Surface Pro recovery key site issue - Similar Threads - Surface Pro recovery

2. Microsoft site for bitlocker recovery key is unavailable - how to report this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft site for bitlocker recovery key is unavailable - how to report this issue?: Hello,My friend did install one of the latest Windows updates. The update failed and the Bitlocker function was enabled, therefore Bitlocker now asks for the Recovery Key. My friend has it on his Microsoft account. Unfortunately the page aka.ms/myrecoverykey is unavailable...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN: Anyone else having issues getting their Bitlocker Recovery Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-site-is-down/0e85ca86-fb58-40ea-925d-2907108bf0b5
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key site is DOWN: Anyone else having issues getting their Bitlocker Recovery Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-site-is-down/0e85ca86-fb58-40ea-925d-2907108bf0b5
  5. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key: I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive an error stating unable to download. I am trying to sign in with no domain....
  6. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key: I have tried several times to reset my surface through troubleshooting and downloading through the cloud and local but neither option works. I receive an error stating unable to download. I am trying to sign in with no domain....
  7. Reset Surface Pro without Password or Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Recovery Issue - Surface pro 5th Gen 1796

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Issue - Surface pro 5th Gen 1796: HI Guys, Well my Microsoft Surface Pro 5th Gen has crashed, Windows cant be accessed, Whenever I turn it on the windows automatically takes me Surface UEFI screen where I try to boot it but it doesn't anything and restarts to the same screen. As per my IT guy the recovery is...
  9. Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro - Bitlocker recovery code issue: My Surface Laptop that I use for work suddenly locked and is asking for the bitlocker recovery key. I've never even heard of this, but followed the directions went into my Microsoft account to find it. It says: "You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  10. Surface Pro Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro Issue: So recently I've been having this issue with the Surface where after updating and restarting the taskbar does not respond. I've tried multiple "fixes" like the task manager "fix" and multiple other "fixes." So this is what happens, after updating and restarting I push on...