Windows 10: Surface Pro Restart Loop

Discus and support Surface Pro Restart Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, for seemingly no reason, my Surface Pro got stuck in a restart loop. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kirby23, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Kirby23 Win User

Surface Pro Restart Loop

Today, for seemingly no reason, my Surface Pro got stuck in a restart loop. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." It then gives me various Stop codes, some of them having .sys in the name.

I can get to the UEFI settings and choose to reboot from a USB. I have already formatted a 32 GB USB and have downloaded a copy of Windows 10 onto it. I can get to the screen where it wants me to select the language, then I click next and it gives me the restart error again and gets stuck there. How can I fix this?

:)

Kirby23, Nov 12, 2018

2. Surface Pro Reinstall infinite restart loop

Hello,

today I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 to my new Surface Pro.

But now the PC is in a restart Loop. I can't do anything. What can I do?

Imperator7, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 on Surface Pro stuck in Restart loop

Hi Dave,

We suggest you to check this
    article
    and and follow the steps given to create a recovery image of your Surface.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Surface Pro Restart Loop

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro Restart Loop

1. Surface Pro Restart Loop - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Restart

2. How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop: I am trying to Reset my computer but there is this message that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered a unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed. to install Windows click ok To restart the computer and then restart the installation" and it...
  3. How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop: I am trying to Reset my computer but there is this message that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered a unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed. to install Windows click ok To restart the computer and then restart the installation" and it...
  4. Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop: Hi,I decided to reboot my laptop last night. I didnt want any files to be saved so I did a "going to take hours" reboot one.Everything went pretty well. It got to 100% and started preparing the windows kept shutting off and on, but i was told it was normal. Then I went to bed...
  5. Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 3- Stuck in restarting loop: Hi,I decided to reboot my laptop last night. I didnt want any files to be saved so I did a "going to take hours" reboot one.Everything went pretty well. It got to 100% and started preparing the windows kept shutting off and on, but i was told it was normal. Then I went to bed...
  6. Surface Pro X stuck on Install error loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro X stuck on Install error loop: What did I get myself into here? I needed a decent laptop and was told get the Surface pro, its a great alternative to bulky laptops yet just as effective if not better since its also a tablet. What a mistake. Im already regretting it. Ive had it for 3 days now and I have...
  7. Surface pro 6 won’t restart . Just stuck on “Restarting “

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface pro 6 won’t restart . Just stuck on “Restarting “: Hit restart. Just stuck with “restarting” on screen. Have tried ctrl+Alt+del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6-wont-restart-just-stuck-on/6b2d4fd6-43b6-436c-9ec4-9487c3965bf6
  8. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4 boot loop issue...: SOS my surface pro 4 is stuck in the boot loop where I selected to complete an update and auto restart, and upon shutting off and going to auto restart my surface will not boot all the way. I have had this issue before and the only way I was able to get it fixed was to seek...
  9. New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Surface Pro 7 BSOD Loop: Hi I have just Purchased a new SP7 yesterday and just finished the setup while waiting for Dropbox files to sync it went into BSOD and now will Loop without stopping....
  10. Surface Pro stuck on restoring windows loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro stuck on restoring windows loop: Every time windows 10 tries to update itself on my surface pro i quickly turn off the device as i don't want the blasted update. It ruins functionality in my art programs and I just really don't like it at all. However, this time after doing my semi usual routine of seeing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro restart loop

2. surface restart loop

3. surface pro 6 restarting several times

4. my surfce pro says restarting,
  5. need to restart surface pro multiple times