Windows 10: Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen

Discus and support Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm hoping to gain insight here as to what may have happened to cause my Surface Pro to go haywire and how I can correct it. After the blue screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GayeCollins, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen

I'm hoping to gain insight here as to what may have happened to cause my Surface Pro to go haywire and how I can correct it. After the blue screen with the sad emoji, my programs could not "locate" their files. Outlook 365 had to be set up again which meant all contacts in the various address books were gone. My GroupMail data could not be accessed by the program but I have found where most of it is located which is another question. I have two user names - one just my name User, and one with my name and Surface User'sSurface. For an example, both Users have a folder for the GroupMail program, but only one User'sSurface contains the data created 9-13-20 which the program cannot locate. I only know enough about computers to be dangerous, but I'm thinking that if I copy the folder with the data saved from 9-13-20 to the appropriate place, I should be able to access it again from the program on the Surface. However, that's just the beginning because for some reason, it appears that the files from most other programs were also moved to where the programs cannot find/open them. Since my storage is stressed, I'm also wondering if duplication of files is creating some of the problem. I have a mess and I'm forced to try to fix it myself. Fortunately, I have another computer I can work from, but I'd really like to get all my email addresses back. I know there's a pst file for Outlook but does it contain the email address books? Anyway, thanks for any help.

:)

GayeCollins, Nov 22, 2020
  2. tjd3691 Win User

Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen

About a week or so ago I changed my main display from my Surface Pro (6) screen to a screen attached using HDMI via the Microsoft Surface Dock.

Since then I am not able to revert the main display back to the Pro if the external screen is attached. I have the 'extend displays' option selected with the pro screen as my main display

I have tried:

• Rebooting the machine - no impact
    • Update windows - no impact.

Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS build 056522190453
    • Display driver is the Intel 26.20.100.7637

There were a host of driver updates on 24 June at which time this display driver update also took place.

Any help appreciated

tjd3691, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen

1. Surface Pro reverted to default/new status after blue screen - Similar Threads - Surface Pro reverted

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade was reverted after windows update on Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade was reverted after windows update on Surface Studio: This week I upgraded a Windows Home edition to Pro on a brand new purchased Surface Studio.I would have expected that a machine with a value of 2.500 euro comes with a Pro version to start with, but apparently not.After upgrading, I could connect to my companies domain and...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade was reverted after windows update on Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade was reverted after windows update on Surface Studio: This week I upgraded a Windows Home edition to Pro on a brand new purchased Surface Studio.I would have expected that a machine with a value of 2.500 euro comes with a Pro version to start with, but apparently not.After upgrading, I could connect to my companies domain and...
  4. New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Surface Pro 8 not booting after restart: Hi all,I recently purchased a Surface Pro 8 and found that after a windows update prompted restart, the surface no longer moves beyond the windows logo in the Windows 11 boot sequence. I have tried the following already:* Rolling back to earlier restore point* Clean install...
  5. Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7: Hi, I just had a blue screen on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I've experienced blue screen twice after upgrading to windows 11. And my laptop gets laggy sometimes.I was wondering if there's any way to check what's wrong with my laptop?Please help me with this issue.Thank you....
  6. Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7: Hi, I just had a blue screen on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I've experienced blue screen twice after upgrading to windows 11. And my laptop gets laggy sometimes.I was wondering if there's any way to check what's wrong with my laptop?Please help me with this issue.Thank you....
  7. Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Revert Main Display to Surface Pro Screen: About a week or so ago I changed my main display from my Surface Pro 6 screen to a screen attached using HDMI via the Microsoft Surface Dock. Since then I am not able to revert the main display back to the Pro if the external screen is attached. I have the 'extend displays'...
  8. Surface blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface blue screen: surface reset, went through till blue screen stuck and wont go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-blue-screen/93494962-18d5-42ab-ab42-95a324afabc7
  9. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...