Windows 10: Surface pro screen turns black

Discus and support Surface pro screen turns black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xomel, Nov 29, 2019.

1. xomel Win User

Surface pro screen turns black

My surface pro x has been crashing a lot lately, even after i deleted any suspicious files. The screen turns black but the audio is still running, and I’ve even restarted it but its still happening. Its very annoying, and I dont know what to do

:)

xomel, Nov 29, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply and updating on the status.

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Hold the power button down 20-30 seconds.
    • Hold the volume rocker up and power on for almost 15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Also, refer the post by Josh_F from the link provided below:

Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Surface pro screen turns black

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Surface pro screen turns black

1. Surface pro screen turns black - Similar Threads - Surface pro screen

2. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  3. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death": Exactly a year ago, while using my Surface Pro 4, the screen froze while I was using it. I went to reboot the computer, and it never went back on. The computer is able to charge, and the keyboard lights up. I looked everywhere to find the problem for almost a month. I ended...
  4. Surface Pro 4 "Black Screen of Death"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface Book Black Screen

Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  6. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  7. Screen goes black when drawing on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black when drawing on Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 7 and whenever I draw on the screen Word, Whiteboard or PDF it goes black for seconds at a time then comes back. I have ensured that I am up to date and KB4577063 has been installed, but it still happens. I don't know if this is related, but the...
  8. Surface Pro, turning on the mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro, turning on the mic: I have a new Surface Pro7. I entered a Scype meeting just now and I could get my mic to work. what can I do to turn on my mic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-turning-on-the-mic/8710a40b-5a1d-4100-981c-1b57ca6ff6c8
  9. Surface Pro 3, black death screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3, black death screen.: Just lost access to all of my files, pictures, etc. when automatic update for Windows gave my Surface Pro 3 black death screen. What do I need to do to recover?...
  10. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black: The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it turns off it makes a pop sound. This happens every few hours and i have noticed no trend/trigger to this issue. Really...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen on surface pro registry fix