Windows 10: Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Discus and support Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for this but since this issue touches different areas, I have decided to post here. I use Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJ-DJ, Jun 13, 2019.

1. DJ-DJ Win User

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but since this issue touches different areas, I have decided to post here.

I use Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 with a docking brick for attaching my external monitor/KB/Mouse etc. Screen size etc works very well.

For work, I use Skype calls and screen sharing a lot. When docked, everything works great.

However, if I remove the docking cable, Surface sees that docking has been removed and it adjusts the screen etc. Now, if I have a skype call and share my screen, people on the other end only see about 1/3 of my screen, and it is all zoomed in. The only way for me to fix this is to restart the surface without the dock.

I understand this has something to do with screen resolution and font size etc. However, I am unable to find a way to fix this on the fly. I can manually increase the screen resolution to very high and they others can see my whole screen but then text is way too small on my screen that it is practically unusable.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

(By the way, when I am not using the docking cable, I still have my Surface magnetic keyboard connected so it is still in laptop mode rather than tablet mode.

Thank you.

:)

DJ-DJ, Jun 13, 2019
  2. J.Mac Win User

Skype - screen sharing Surface Book, dock - not able to share screen via Skype for Business

I am having an issue accomplishing screen sharing through Skype for Business

Running Win 10 (latest release) - all updates installed

Surface Book, i7, Surface Book dock and 3 external monitors

When I try to share my desktop or an application via Skype for Business with a remote user - it looks like it will share the other user accepts - then I get a message "An Error Occurred" and the screen isn't shared

Any insight/help/suggestions appreciated

thanks!

J.Mac, Jun 13, 2019
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Surface Pro 3 screen replacement?

Yesterday I dropped my 3.5 year old Surface Pro 3 - cracked the screen. The touch screen does not respond to touching now.
    I can get a newer version - see pic - or try to get the screen replaced. This would be my 1st experience at having an electronic device repaired, very leery about it.

Suggestions appreciated!

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen [​IMG]

4. Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

1. Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Skype

2. Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off: When a file explorer window is near the left edge of my Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version of Windows 11, right clicking with my pen side button on an entry results in the popup context menu being placed to the left of the screen such that it is cut off. This doesn't...
  3. Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7+ context window off left edge of screen and cut off: When a file explorer window is near the left edge of my Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version of Windows 11, right clicking with my pen side button on an entry results in the popup context menu being placed to the left of the screen such that it is cut off. This doesn't...
  4. Skype screen sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype screen sharing: Could you please help me? I updated my skype yesterday. It was the latest skype version, but my clients can no longer see my screen when I share. They can only see a black screen. This didn't happen when I was using the older version of skype....
  5. Screen resolution 800x600 cut off(only a small part is visible)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution 800x600 cut off(only a small part is visible): Windows Version number : 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1256) To play some games I have to switch my screen resolution to 800x600 or else there are black borders on each side. Everything was working well until a few days ago ,every time I try to change it to 800x600 I only see a part...
  6. Screen Saver dialog cut cut off..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver dialog cut cut off..: Any idea why? This in the only dialog I can find that is cut off. Changing resolution or display settings scale doesn't fix this. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.685 [ATTACH]...
  7. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  8. Screen sharing on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen sharing on Surface Go: Hi, I'm trying to share my screen on the Surface Go by means of the "Connect" option. I do manage to share it, but on the Surface it appears to be reduced in size. In other words, it does not fit the Surface's screen. I'm using Windows 10 on both devices and it is up to date....
  9. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen: My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen right and left sides...
  10. Display cut off at bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen: I just completed W10 installation and it seems to be working, but the bottom of the display is cut off. I shifted the task bar to the right side or otherwise I couldn't see it. Still annoying. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 512 MB memory and a Dell ST2410...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype creenshare cuts off screen

2. screen sharing off windows surface

3. can a surface pro screen share on skype