Windows 10: Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Discus and support Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for this but since this issue touches different areas, I have decided to post here. I use Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJ-DJ, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:27 AM.

1. DJ-DJ Win User

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but since this issue touches different areas, I have decided to post here.

I use Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 with a docking brick for attaching my external monitor/KB/Mouse etc. Screen size etc works very well.

For work, I use Skype calls and screen sharing a lot. When docked, everything works great.

However, if I remove the docking cable, Surface sees that docking has been removed and it adjusts the screen etc. Now, if I have a skype call and share my screen, people on the other end only see about 1/3 of my screen, and it is all zoomed in. The only way for me to fix this is to restart the surface without the dock.

I understand this has something to do with screen resolution and font size etc. However, I am unable to find a way to fix this on the fly. I can manually increase the screen resolution to very high and they others can see my whole screen but then text is way too small on my screen that it is practically unusable.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

(By the way, when I am not using the docking cable, I still have my Surface magnetic keyboard connected so it is still in laptop mode rather than tablet mode.

Thank you.

:)

2. J.Mac Win User

Skype - screen sharing Surface Book, dock - not able to share screen via Skype for Business

I am having an issue accomplishing screen sharing through Skype for Business

Running Win 10 (latest release) - all updates installed

Surface Book, i7, Surface Book dock and 3 external monitors

When I try to share my desktop or an application via Skype for Business with a remote user - it looks like it will share the other user accepts - then I get a message "An Error Occurred" and the screen isn't shared

Any insight/help/suggestions appreciated

thanks!

3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Surface Pro 3 screen replacement?

Yesterday I dropped my 3.5 year old Surface Pro 3 - cracked the screen. The touch screen does not respond to touching now.
    I can get a newer version - see pic - or try to get the screen replaced. This would be my 1st experience at having an electronic device repaired, very leery about it.

Suggestions appreciated!

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen [​IMG]

4. Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:36 AM
Thema:

Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen

1. Surface Pro Skype Screen Sharing cuts off a big part of the screen - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Skype

2. ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ViewSonic Monitor cuts off the screen: My system is ViewSonic VA2037 Series; Monitor: Recommended Resolution - 1600x900; HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p033w. My monitor doesn’t work as expected. It cuts off the screen when I go to the settings and set the Recommended resolution. I get the screen right and left sides...
  3. windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off: windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-right-side-of-screen-is-cut-off/e9371c03-ffb4-4e27-8dbc-b477f5a53085
  4. Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?: On computers with Connected Standby enabled (Surface Pro, various supported tablets and ultrabooks…), you can set a separate time for "Turn screen off after" and "PC goes sleep after" from PC Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep. However only the first parameter seems to be...
  5. Surface pro 4 screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...
  6. Display cut off at bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display cut off at bottom of the screen: I just completed W10 installation and it seems to be working, but the bottom of the display is cut off. I shifted the task bar to the right side or otherwise I couldn't see it. Still annoying. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card with 512 MB memory and a Dell ST2410...
  7. Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar

Display cut off at bottom of the screen/taskbar: So the bottom of my monitor display is cut off. It is a Dell ST2010 monitor very old but still in working condition. It has nothing to do with screen resolution btw. Can this problem be fixed or do i have to buy a new monitor? Any suggestions? Thanks This is how it looks...
  8. screen not properly scaling on HDMI (partially cut off)

screen not properly scaling on HDMI (partially cut off): so ive just build my new PC and before i was using VGA. thought i may as well put in the HDMI this time around. but for some reason i cant get my resolution. the resolution was 1360x768. ive tried everything on win display settings as well as nvidia control panel. nothing is...
  9. Surface 4 Pro hibernates when the screen shuts off

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface 4 Pro hibernates when the screen shuts off: I disabled all sleep and hibernation for both battery and plugged on my power plan. The problem is that whenever the screen shuts off, the surface hibernates, so whatever is running stops. For example, if I am listening to a song with VLC player, it shuts off as soon as...
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...