Windows 10: Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen

Discus and support Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently when I was using my Surface Pro 4, the screen suddenly crashed. I could still move my cursor, but could not access any apps, close apps, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Am3thyst, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Am3thyst Win User

Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen

Recently when I was using my Surface Pro 4, the screen suddenly crashed. I could still move my cursor, but could not access any apps, close apps, etc. This is when I forced shut down my laptop by using the 30 seconds button trick, which usually worked. This time, when I tried to power on my Surface pro, it would just stay on the windows logo screen that would pop up when powering on your device, but mine did not have the moving dots underneath it. The logo would occasionally flicker and would stay like this for about 5 minutes before my device would switch on again. Although reading some forum topics, I have tried the 'Power on button + volume up button for 14 seconds trick' but nothing would happen (it will either turn off or not do anything) or there would be a request for my UEFI system password (which if I key in my correct password- it will say that it is incorrect.) It's been like this for 3 days. Is there any way to fix this issue, or any sort of professional help that I need?

:)

Am3thyst, Aug 25, 2019

2. Surface Pro - Stuck on Windows Logo and Spinning White Circle

Hi, I've got a Surface Pro, which is stuck at the Windows logo and has a spinning white circle. I thought it was doing up-dates, but its been doing this for the past 12 hours. Not matter what i do, it just goes back to the same screen. Anyone have any
    ideas?

BhupenderPatel, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Still no luck.

From the linked instructions:

Configure your Surface to start from a USB device

Once your USB drive is set up as a bootable drive with an appropriate operating system on it, you’ll need to set up your Surface to boot from this drive. This requires you to make changes in the UEFI so that the USB drive is the first option:

• Shut down your Surface.
    • Once Surface has turned off, press and hold the volume-up button.
    • With the volume-up button held down, press and release the power button.
    • Continue holding the volume-up button until the Surface or Windows logo no longer appears on the screen.
    • You should now see the Surface UEFI .
    • At this step, after a few seconds the Surface logo appears again. The same thing happens if I try with the USB stick inserted and use the volume down button. It
      looks like the tablet is not fully shutting down, rather going into sleep mode. Holding the power button down for over 30 seconds seems to make no difference.

RogerChevis, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Hi All,

My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue.

After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies.

I've tried recovery with the power/volume up buttons and also with the power/volume down plus USB stick containing the downloaded recovery app. Every time it goes straight into the Surface logo loop.

I've also tried letting the battery go flat and attempting to start from there to ensure it's turned completely off, but still a no go.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

RogerChevis, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen

1. Surface Pro Stuck on Windows Logo screen - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Stuck

2. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  3. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  4. MSI Logo stuck in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI Logo stuck in screen: I have a MSI Cube Mini PC with Windows 10, Intel i7, 16 RG RAM and 500 GB hard drive. Every time I turn it on get stuck at the MSI logo in screen, no spinning symbol, no error message, only the black screen with the MSI logo and stays like that until I force it to turn off...
  5. Surface Pro stuck on boot screen

Surface Pro stuck on boot screen: Hi all I've looked on every forum and contacted Microsoft Customer Service. All provided the same steps for my issue. I was using my computer just 3 hours ago at school. Class ended, i locked my compute, put it in my backpack, 20 minutes later I'm in my next class. I open...
  6. Stuck on Surface Logo after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Surface Logo after updates: Hi In the company I work for we have several Surface Pros. They all have Windows 10 and very similar spec. We use Bitlocker on them all. Reasonably frequently on any one of these Surface Pros after windows updates have been installed and the system reboots it will not reboot...
  7. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...
  8. Surface Pro frozen on Surface pro logo on bootup

Surface Pro frozen on Surface pro logo on bootup: Hi In our office, there are a number of Surface Pro 4 have restarted after a update but are stuck on Surface Pro logo after bitlocker Anyone experienced anything such?...
  9. Surface Pro - Stuck on Windows Logo and Spinning White Circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro - Stuck on Windows Logo and Spinning White Circle: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro, which is stuck at the Windows logo and has a spinning white circle. I thought it was doing up-dates, but its been doing this for the past 12 hours. Not matter what i do, it just goes back to the same screen. Anyone have any ideas?...
  10. Stuck on logo screen

Stuck on logo screen: I see a lot of people have had this problem. I did the last update after it installed it started up but stuck on logo screen with the dots turning. I've done the restart, it will not go in safe mode just sits on black screen with no dots when I try that. I've tried to get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my surface pro is stuck on Symantec lig in.

2. surface pro stuck on windows logo