Windows 10: Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode

Discus and support Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Our entire salesforce uses Surface Pro 5 or 6 tablets, and recently we've encountered a strange issue. At one of our locations (this could or could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlmusic_824, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode

Our entire salesforce uses Surface Pro 5 or 6 tablets, and recently we've encountered a strange issue. At one of our locations (this could or could not be relevant), I've gotten two calls in the past week that the network connection drops for a user, then when they go to reconnect, they click on the networks icon in the taskbar and the only thing it shows is the Airplane Mode icon, which is turned off. The user can't connect to their mobile hotspot, no other networks, nothing. They are connected to ethernet through a surface dock. Disconnecting from the dock doesn't help. The issue does appear to begin when the user is physically in their location, but there's basically been no solution for it once it happens.

Running the network troubleshooter returns the message "the default gateway is not available" but then most of the time it repairs and works perfectly, for roughly a minute, then does the same thing again.

Things I've tried:

• Made sure the device isn't actually in airplane mode
    • Made sure the appropriate wlan services were running (they weren't in one case which was strange)
    • Continued to run network troubleshooter
    • Reset the PC (which helped in one case, but not in another identical case)
    • Replaced the Surface Pro (which helped for one day, then the issue came back)
    • Soft reset all the network hardware in the physical store location
    • Just about everything I could find from this thread since it sounds similar: Windows 10 Won't Show Available Wi-Fi Networks

Any help on this would be very appreciated. Thanks to the community in advance!

:)

jlmusic_824, Jun 20, 2019
  2. wpcoe Win User

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 3 Airplane Mode

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that your Surface Pro 3 device is booting in airplane mode and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to refer to the link below and check if the issue can be fixed.

Surface Pro 3 stuck in airplane mode

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 20, 2019
  4. rjbinney Win User

Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode

What is the Point of Airplane Mode?

I have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10.

To conserve battery power, I flipped on "airplane" mode - and the little airplane icon appeared on my system tray where my Wifi/Network icon was.

Yet, here I am, posting on this board.

If Airplane Mode doesn't turn off WiFi, um, what does it do?

rjbinney, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode

1. Surface Pro suddenly not showing wifi networks, only Airplane Mode - Similar Threads - Surface Pro suddenly

2. Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option: my wifi option doesnt show up ever since i changed keyboard which i dont think its a virus it only shows me the airplane mode and when i went for trouble shoot it tells me ethernet cable is unplugged even though i dont use ethernet, i also tried network reset, restarting...
  3. Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option doesnt show and only shows airplane mode option: my wifi option doesnt show up ever since i changed keyboard which i dont think its a virus it only shows me the airplane mode and when i went for trouble shoot it tells me ethernet cable is unplugged even though i dont use ethernet, i also tried network reset, restarting...
  4. My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else: Here is an image of what it shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-settings-only-show-airplane-mode-and/37ab6022-f4fd-40e3-a8cd-89fd9bc890f9
  5. My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else: Here is an image of what it shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-settings-only-show-airplane-mode-and/37ab6022-f4fd-40e3-a8cd-89fd9bc890f9
  6. Airplane mode only showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  7. Airplane mode only showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  8. Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up

Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up: I have a desktop computer that wouldn’t show any WiFi networks. I put it on airplane mode and tried to turn it back off but it won’t show airplane mode anyway in my computer. It's not in settings, action center, anything. Is there a way to make my airplane mode show up on...
  9. Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode

Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode: Hey i need help asap, currently i got problem with connecting to my wifi on win 10. Lately when its happen when i got no internet on my connected wifi , then i click disconnected and this thing happen. Only this symbol showed up like computer with red cross and ithere is...
  10. Only airplane mode on network

Only airplane mode on network: [IMG]My network tab only shows airplane mode and nothing else i’ve tried going into services and restarting WLAN Autoconfig tried almost everything i saw on the web but nothing seems to be working. It was working fine last night. As u can see from the photo my network tab...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface no internet just airplane mode

2. no wifi airplane mode only

3. surface pro only shows airplane mode