Windows 10: Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge

Discus and support Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Got a new surface pro 2017 and love many things about it, but in Edge the touch scrolling goes from great to terrible. After a reboot it works great... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tmeach, Oct 31, 2017.

1. tmeach Win User

Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge

Got a new surface pro 2017 and love many things about it, but in Edge the touch scrolling goes from great to terrible. After a reboot it works great just like you would expect, but then after using it for a while it starts to get jumpy and the slightest touch makes it jump down a whole page or get very jittery. Re-boot and things are back to normal. IE works good when this is happening, don't think it is a hardware issue since re-booting seems to fix it for a while. Have all the latest updates. Anyone have an idea what may be the issue??

:)

tmeach, Oct 31, 2017
  2. DaveD_875 Win User

Drop-down menus don't work

Are you using "Touch Screen" to test? And, did you test Edge?

Sure, it works with a Mouse and Keyboard, because I can hold the mouse button and scroll down the drop down. In touch screen, it will open the dropdown, but not recognize it and moving your finger, just moves the whole window up and down, never allowing
    a selection of the dropdown. The purpose of having a Tablet PC, like Surface Pro or my Sony VAIO TAP-11 is to take it off the desktop and hold it in my hand.

I have stopped using Edge or IE all together for hand held use. I have to use Firefox. Edge will stop scrolling or scroll erratically in hand held, touch screen mode, often just locks up. And, there is no way to use a dropdown menu. It renders it useless
    until you have a mouse and keyboard.

Try it again in touch screen mode. Firefox works reliably.

DaveD_875, Oct 31, 2017
  3. AndresVar Win User
    Windows 10 task view and notification touch screen swiping stopped working

Hello!

On the surface pro 3, swiping from the edge is not showing notifications or task view.

Appears to be an issue with touch driver.

Update: The problem is temporarily fixed sometimes after reboot, or after reinstalling the touch driver as mentioned below. After some time the problem is back.

Thanks!

AndresVar, Oct 31, 2017
Thema:

Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge

1. Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge - Similar Threads - Surface Pro touch

2. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  3. Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with touch pad on Surface Pro 8: After the latest Windows 11 update, my touchpad below when click doesn't seem as responsive. At times I am having to click multiple times to get a reaction and for it to work which never was the case before the update. I don't tend to use the touch of the pad to close tabs...
  4. Surface Pro 7 touch problems with Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 touch problems with Edge and Chrome: I just bought a Surface 7 and had a 4 for years without problem. It came with Windows 10. I realized that when using websites on Edge or Chrome especially Reddit, scrolling would stop abruptly and it'd take a couple seconds to start working again. Same for clicking on links....
  5. Surface Pro 7 touch problems with Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 touch problems with Edge and Chrome: I just bought a Surface 7 and had a 4 for years without problem. It came with Windows 10. I realized that when using websites on Edge or Chrome especially Reddit, scrolling would stop abruptly and it'd take a couple seconds to start working again. Same for clicking on links....
  6. Issue with scrolling Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with scrolling Microsoft Surface: Hey guys I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I have an issue that when I scroll upwards on ANY browser the bottom of the browser also gets pulled upward about 1/3 of the way up then stops. This creates a white space and goes away if I scroll back down but comes...
  7. Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.: Hi! I've been using my Surface Pro 4 every day for school and entertainment and had zero issues with it until the latest update. 1. When I try to sign-in, if Windows Hello doesn't recognize me, it says signing-in with my pin is disabled and to go into settings and enable...
  8. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE: Hello Sir, My name is Sandeep Kumar I am a system administrator in IT.I have Microsoft surface pro 4 I have installed win 10 and updated all related software from the Microsoft site.But my concern is that when i am trying to use my touch-pad after login into the device its...
  9. Scrolling issue in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Scrolling issue in Edge: Sometimes when I am scrolling using scrollwheel in Edge, it dismisses page to left or right like swiping on a touchscreen. I just had to write this post a second time as it juts did it! 97361
  10. Edge Browser not touch scrolling on surface 3 on a website

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser not touch scrolling on surface 3 on a website: From a web development point of view can some tell me why the website extrainnings.us will not scroll using touch, up and down, when using Edge Browser on a Surface 3? The site works just fine on chrome and Friefox 29914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix surface pro screen to reactive slightest touch