Windows 10: Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

Discus and support Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrBrickaBracka, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

I got a type cover for my surface pro, and attached it and it worked immediately out of the box and I used it just fine for several hours. Then I put the pro in sleep mode and set it down for a few hours. When I later opened it back up and tried to wake it up, the type cover did not work at all anymore. The backlight of the keys doesn't come on, trackpad does nothing and keys don't type anything.

I tried looking for solutions online, tried restarting it, installed as many updates as possible, two button shutdown (though I'm not entirely sure I did this correctly as the examples I found were for other surface models), and uninstalling the drivers. Supposedly it would download the drivers again after restarting, but as best I can tell, it hasn't, which leads me to believe the pro isn't detecting the type cover is even connected anymore. I don't know what to do about that, as disconnecting the type cover and reattaching it doesn't seem to do anything.

Just in case it's relevant, I had previously gotten a used type cover before getting this new one. It didn't light up like the new one, the trackpad never worked, and several buttons didn't work, so naturally, I sent it back for a refund and ordered this new one. Some buttons did work, but I didn't get a message that it installed drivers for it like I did when I attached the new one.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point, as most online help for this sort of problem is for the other surface models like the surface 3 or surface 4 and nothing has worked thus far. I'm hoping there is some simple solution like turning a setting off and I don't have to completely reset my surface pro, but if that's the last option, I'll deal with it, but if that ends up needing to be done, I'll still need to prevent this from happening again.

:)

MrBrickaBracka, Sep 7, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 2 sleep doesn't work

I just installed windows 10 on my surface pro 2 and noticed when I shut the type cover it goes to sleep and then wakes up almost immediately wakes up.

Jarred Ordille, Sep 7, 2018
  4. jimtut Win User

Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

Surface Pro 4: closing type cover activates tablet mode

I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Surface Dock hooked to an external monitor (via DisplayPort) and a keyboard & mouse.

When I close the type cover on the Surface, it automatically activates Tablet Mode. Now, I know I can change the behavior to make Windows 10 ask me what to before switching modes, but until I switched to using a dock and external monitor, I've never needed/wanted Windows 10 to ask me! It always "did the right thing" with the Surface, correctly responding to the type cover be attached, detached, or folded back.

How can I tell Windows 10 or the Surface to NOT activate tablet mode when the type cover is closed?

Thanks,
    Jim

jimtut, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode

1. Surface Pro Type Cover Stopped Working After Waking From Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Type

2. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  3. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  4. Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Go Type Cover does not wake Surface Go from sleep: Hi, This is a pretty straightforward problem. My Surface Go Type cover will simply not wake my Surface Go 1 from sleep. I have to press the power button and enter my pin using the touchscreen in order to get into my account. Occasionally, I'll have to disconnect and...
  5. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E...
  6. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...
  8. Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown: I'm sharing because no one else on the internet seemed to have my issue (yet) and I spent hours on it. I had a device driver issue with the surface type cover and my surface pro 4 where the keyboard would fail and Windows 10 could not shutdown cleanly. It was very...
  9. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update: Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have noticed in Device Manger that under Human Interface Devices that Wacom Device has a yellow triangle. If I look at Wacom Device Properties I see Device status --- This device cannot start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. type cover sleep mode

2. surface pro type cover stopped working

3. surface pro type cover pointer trackpad not working

4. type cover stopped working after sleep mode