Windows 10: Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password

Discus and support Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Surface Pro has been giving me a lot of problem. It has now stopped booting. I just get an error "There was a problem starting windows and we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by H4S33B, Jan 8, 2020.

1. H4S33B Win User

Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password

Hi,

My Surface Pro has been giving me a lot of problem. It has now stopped booting. I just get an error "There was a problem starting windows and we will restart" and then it doesn't even try to restart but shuts down.

I am in to the recovery section, to use the recovery option, put in the bit-locker key and then select my admin account. Windows asks for password which i provide because that is exactly what i have used to get my bit-locker key and it says password is incorrect. It is mind boggling as i update my password every few months.

I have used all the previous old passwords and i am stuck right now. I don't want to lose any data but i cant seem to get past the admin account password.

I can get a USB windows installation to start but i don't want to use it in fear of losing the data.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

H4S33B, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 8, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password

1. Surface Pro - Using Reset Option but Windows doesnt recognise the Admin password - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Using

2. Surface Pro 9 not recognising camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 not recognising camera: The camera on my recently-purchased Surface Pro 9 has suddenly stopped working. It won't connect to sign me into the computer with face recognition and the camera app can't find the camera. I have tried these strategies, all to no avail:updated WindowsCamera access turned to...
  3. Surface Pro 9 not recognising camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 not recognising camera: The camera on my recently-purchased Surface Pro 9 has suddenly stopped working. It won't connect to sign me into the computer with face recognition and the camera app can't find the camera. I have tried these strategies, all to no avail:updated WindowsCamera access turned to...
  4. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  5. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  6. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  7. Reset Admin Password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Admin Password?: To make a long story short I cannot boot into windows. I only have the recovery options available to me. I’m these recovery options it asks for the administrator password (which I forgot). I can’t access any of the boot recovery options due to the unknown password. Is there...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...