Windows 10: Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong

Discus and support Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, My Surface Pro wont let me log in this morning. At the Hello screen it is insisting on a PIN. When I enter my PIN it tells me it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KJ james3, Mar 23, 2020.

1. KJ james3 Win User

Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong

Hi all,

My Surface Pro wont let me log in this morning. At the Hello screen it is insisting on a PIN. When I enter my PIN it tells me it is incorrect. It won't let me log in via facial recognition or password I normally just use facial recognition. After a few failed attempts it gives me a challenge screen. I type in A1B2C3 and then it asks for my PIN again. When I click on "I forgot my PIN" nothing happens. After a few minutes of this it asks me to restart. I have restarted, I have shut down and I have done a reset save my files and none of these have made a difference. Help please!

:)

KJ james3, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 23, 2020
  3. surface pro 2 photos pinned to desktop

All of my photos are pinned to my desktop on my surface pro 2. Any suggestions on how to get them off?

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 2 / Using your Surface hardware / Windows 10

JudyVeeneman, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Hello,

I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance.

HarunHarun1, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong

1. Surface Pro Windows 10 Hello Screen - insisting on PIN but tells me my PIN is wrong - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Hello

2. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin wrong username: Hi, We are trying to login on a different PC using my microsoft account. I logged in using my email and password, but then it did ask for my windows hello pin to verify my identity. I have no clue what this pin is, if I even have set it up. So, I clicked forgot my pin and...
  3. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin wrong username: Hi, We are trying to login on a different PC using my microsoft account. I logged in using my email and password, but then it did ask for my windows hello pin to verify my identity. I have no clue what this pin is, if I even have set it up. So, I clicked forgot my pin and...
  4. Windows Hello Pin wrong username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out: Hello,So I have a problem with one of my windows laptops in which when I put in my pin which I know is correct it keeps telling me its wrong and locking me out. This problem as never arises before as my other 2 windows laptops work just fine. When I put in my pin it tells me...
  6. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out: Hello,So I have a problem with one of my windows laptops in which when I put in my pin which I know is correct it keeps telling me its wrong and locking me out. This problem as never arises before as my other 2 windows laptops work just fine. When I put in my pin it tells me...
  7. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Hello pin

Windows 10 Hello pin: I recently inadvertently, signed into my computer after an update, and established a pin code to log into my PC.I would like to revert back to just a password. So, my question is, if I disable the pin option, will Windows revertback to the password used before the creation of...
  9. Windows Hello PIN Setup wants me to sign in with a wrong username

Windows Hello PIN Setup wants me to sign in with a wrong username: Hello, I am trying to setup my Windows Hello PIN. After clicking Add, I receive a prompt with a message saying "Because you're accessing sensitive info, you need to verify your password". This would be no problem at all, except... it wants me to sign in with a wrong...
  10. Windows Hello Pin Creation_Something went wrong

Windows Hello Pin Creation_Something went wrong: Trying to create a Windows Hello Pin on a user's PC and getting below. I have been able to create on other user's workstations, but this is the only indication of an error I am getting on this one. Seeing nothing in Event Viewer and I am finding no details anywhere on the...