Windows 10: Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work

Discus and support Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In my previous Surface Pros the windows face recognition has worked but for some reason it is not working on this one. I have tried retaking photos but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KH-21, Apr 3, 2019.

1. KH-21 Win User

Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work

In my previous Surface Pros the windows face recognition has worked but for some reason it is not working on this one. I have tried retaking photos but has never worked. Any thoughts?

:)

KH-21, Apr 3, 2019

2. Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install any pending updates available and check for the status.

Also, suggest you to reset the Facial recognition by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and locate Windows Hello.
    • Select the infrared IR camera option.
    • A “Welcome to Windows Hello” box will pop up. Press the “Get Started” button.
    • Set up a PIN code if prompted to do so. If you already have one, this step will be skipped.
    • Scan your face by following the on-screen instructions. For best results, hold your face six-to-eight inches away from the front of your Surface.
    • Select “Finish” to complete scanning or choose “Improve Recognition” to continue scanning.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

i have a problem with face recognition on my surface pro 4. i was working good but suddenly stopped working. i tried to setup it again but i couldnot locate window hello from sign in option list it suddenly disappeared

RaniaGalal, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work

Facial Recognition problem on Surface Pro 4

Hello Eeshwar

My tablet shows no updates available. I have already done as you suggest several times. The camera opens and my face appears. The setup app displays "Make sure your face is centred in the frame" and "Keep looking directly at your screen", over and over again
    in rapid alternation. The camera does not lock onto my face even after looking straight ahead for 10 minutes. I have tried in different lighting conditions to no effect. The progress bar under the camera image shows no progress.

This feature worked fine before the Windows 10 reset. I have noted that Device Manager shows no front and rear camera drivers, but I don't know if there were any there before.

Kind regards

rchibald

Alastair A, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work

1. Surface Pro - windows face recognition doesnt work - Similar Threads - Surface Pro face

2. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  3. Face recognition does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face recognition does not work: Hello, recently I can't login with face recognition anymore. Windows also asks for a pincode. When I go to the procedure to make a pincode, Windows thereafter says there is a mistake, please try it later. I've tried many times but the problem is still there. Can somebody help...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition: The windows face recognition recently stopped working. When I go to the setup screen Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > Windows Hello face, the screen to view my face appears, however, there are no options to proceed. see attached image. Searching on this issue, all I...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition: The windows face recognition recently stopped working. When I go to the setup screen Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > Windows Hello face, the screen to view my face appears, however, there are no options to proceed. see attached image. Searching on this issue, all I...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Face recognition to open surface

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Face recognition to open surface: Face recognition to open surface for 2 people in same family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/face-recognition-to-open-surface/f0663f7b-cca4-4ae7-9bfa-25bd53ba0071
  8. Build in Cam doesnt work except on login via face recognition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build in Cam doesnt work except on login via face recognition: Hey, since in homeoffice i tried to join zoom meetings and figuered out tha the build in cam (intel(r) av stzream 2500 ) is not working. The camera app just shows a black screen. I also only see one camera in the manager, even though i have front and rear camera on my...
  9. face recognition not working to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition not working to sign in: Face recognition stopped working on Surface Pro 4. Login screen always tells me to login with PIN. Then I choose password option and that works. I have gone to Settings->Account->Sign-in Options. That tells me Windows Hello Face is not currently available. I click on "learn...
  10. face recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    face recognition not working: Hello I purchased my surface pro 4 last year in september from USA and curently i am in india and recently my windows crashed and had to reinstall windows 10. now i am unable to use face recognition with my new windows 10. Can anybody help me with the same. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface face recognition wont work

2. surface pro face unlock not working

3. face recognition promplems on surface pro

4. face recognition problem surface pro,
  5. ms photos face recognition not working