Windows 10: Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

Discus and support Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was lent a Surface Book with Windows 10 by my school. It did not require a PIN or password to log in into a Windows session. I then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aircooled993, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

Hi,

I was lent a Surface Book with Windows 10 by my school. It did not require a PIN or password to log in into a Windows session.

I then downloaded microsoft word and excel because I have an 365 microsoft account. For some reason, it turns out my microsoft account is now an admin account of the Surface Book.

I need to give the Surface Book back to the school so how to remoe my microsoft account from the administrator and replace it with a normal administrator account without any password?

Thank you!

:)

aircooled993, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator :(

Zakin, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

1. Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator - Similar Threads - Surface Pro remove

2. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account can not be removed from administrator: can someone help me please im at school and using windows 10 , our pc s are domain joined and i accidently logged my microsoft account in to my school pc and can not remove it because i can t see any log in with local account, in settings...i disabled admin account but i can...
  3. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft account can not be removed from administrator: can someone help me please im at school and using windows 10 , our pc s are domain joined and i accidently logged my microsoft account in to my school pc and can not remove it because i can t see any log in with local account, in settings...i disabled admin account but i can...
  4. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove account from Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove account from Surface: I let someone borrow my pc. it was erased at the time. They are logged into it and I can't log in. Now I'm trying to erase it but the recovery key is not working.Any Ideas on how to completely wipe the pc?...
  6. How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, but my Microsoft Account installed Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10 pro. I associated my Microsoft account as I'm about to reformat/reset the laptop. While doing some test I'm trying to disassociate my Microsoft account from the laptop however the remove option that the forum is...
  8. Deleted administrator account on Windows 10 Surface Pro 3

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted administrator account on Windows 10 Surface Pro 3: Good day everyone, So I have a Surface Pro 3 and have updated to Windows 10. I got a new laptop and gave my brother the Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. Instead of factory resetting,I made him a local account and deleted my account. By doing this I didn't realize I was...
  9. Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?

Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?: Hi, I created a Outlook MIcrosoft account, and now its attached to my elevated administrator account. I understand I can unhide the other option for admistrator, but it will not be elevated. I want it like I had it before. I want to retain the elevated account, but...
  10. How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator

How to remove Microsoft Account from the Hidden Administrator: I Accidentally convert the Hidden Administrator to a Microsoft Account, Need help to remove Microsoft Account on hidden admin. I use CMD elevated > net user administrator /active:yes On hidden Admin account you cannot switch to a Microsoft Account by going to...