Windows 10: Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

Discus and support Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my seagate expansion portable drive is recognised by my surface pro however I can not open it. It does not appear as a device or drive when plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeremyFagents, May 1, 2020.

1. Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

Hi, my seagate expansion portable drive is recognised by my surface pro however I can not open it. It does not appear as a device or drive when plugged in however is recognised under the other devices setting.

Please advise what the issue may be.

Thanks

Jezza

:)

JeremyFagents, May 1, 2020

2. Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hello Jesrael,

• Through USB.
    • Yes it is the first time.
    • No error messages.
    • Spotted it in the "Computer" as a DVD Drive and right clicked to open it and was asked which app it wanted me to open it with. Tried windows media but it could not open it.
    Regards,

Manalulu

Manalulu Osman, May 1, 2020
  3. Samsung portable dvd writer model se 208 not workiing on my surface pro

Hi Manalulu,

In order to help you with your concern about your portable DVD writer not working with your Surface Pro, kindly answer the following questions first:

• How are you connecting the portable DVD writer to your Surface Pro?
    • Is this the first time you are going to connect these two devices?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you use the DVD writer to your Surface device? If you do, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 1, 2020
  4. Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

Portable external DVD for Surface pro 3

I need to know which compatible portable DVD player to use with my surface pro 3 on windows 10 platform.

I tried a new version Coolead slim 3D aluminium USB 3.0 blu-ray player. Each time I connect through the USB port on my tablet, I get a notification the there is not enough power in the port for the device. Any suggestions?

WintonyeLawson, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive

1. Surface Pro wont open expansion portable hardrive - Similar Threads - Surface Pro wont

2. Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet: Surface Pro 9A couple of days ago I received a “your internet is blocked”.I cannot connect by ethernet or wirelessly. I updated the intel and Realtek driversRolled back the latest windows updateDid the Windows trouble shooting no errorsTurned off the firewall and VPNSFC...
  3. Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 wont connect to the internet: Surface Pro 9A couple of days ago I received a “your internet is blocked”.I cannot connect by ethernet or wirelessly. I updated the intel and Realtek driversRolled back the latest windows updateDid the Windows trouble shooting no errorsTurned off the firewall and VPNSFC...
  4. Surface pro 7 Wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7 Wont start: I just did a restart after this mornings update in Win 11 & my Surface Pro will not start. It gets to the lock screen where the small buffer ring by the curser appears then disappears repeatedly. if I put in my access code, it the goes to the desktop but without any icons or...
  5. Surface pro 7 Wont start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 7 Wont start: I just did a restart after this mornings update in Win 11 & my Surface Pro will not start. It gets to the lock screen where the small buffer ring by the curser appears then disappears repeatedly. if I put in my access code, it the goes to the desktop but without any icons or...
  6. Surface computer wont keep application open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface computer wont keep application open: Hello I have a surface computer and all of my applications load but minimize without me touching them and often lock up when saving. There is 50% of space remaining on my computer and I have reinstalled the apps to see if that was the issue. This has been going on for...
  7. Airpods wont connect to surface pro 6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods wont connect to surface pro 6: Hello, I have a surface pro 6, and although I am able to pair my airpods with my surface pro, I used to be able to connect them to my computer but now I am no longer able to. They just do that thing where I click on them to connect and it says either "cannot connect" or...
  8. applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10

applet wont open on new surface pro with windows 10: Hi I just purchased a surface laptop I have 3 applets that I have downloaded I can open the instruction pages for how to use them but not the applets themselves I get a pop up that says "application cannot be started .Contact the application vendor" I opened up the...
  9. when I connect my portable hardrive it says access denied?

when I connect my portable hardrive it says access denied?: when I connect my portable hardrive it says access denied? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-connect-my-portable-hardrive-it-says-access/6c1192b6-5002-4080-b5a8-956ef3cd671c
  10. Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive: This is the second time I have not been able to safely eject an external drive. The first one now will not load up and asks me to format it. I have not done that because it has documents on it that I need to recover. It was a different brand and I think it was a Passport...