Windows 10: Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update

Discus and support Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update, ran first batch of updates after pulling out of the box, system rebooted, went through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithbogner, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update

Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update, ran first batch of updates after pulling out of the box, system rebooted, went through a firmware update, rebooted again, will not pass the windows logocan't even get into the bios of the system. any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

keithbogner, Jun 17, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jun 17, 2021
  3. ParisLamb Win User
    Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.

I recently reset my Surface Pro 4 through the recovery mode because I lost the password. It got stuck at the windows logo during the process and I forced a shutdown but now when I start my surface it is stuck at the white surface/windows logo and won't
    boot to a USB so I can install a fresh copy of windows.

ParisLamb, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update

Surface Pro X SQ1 SQ2 drivers and firmware for Windows 10 - April 22

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-aaaa777a6d2d

Brink, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update

1. Surface pro X does not boot past windows logo after update - Similar Threads - Surface pro does

2. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  3. Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 9 stuck on logo after update: Month back got my Surface Pro 9 on bestbuy. Recently my tablet received latest update and stuck on the boot logo. At first I tried to reboot but end up in MS Logo plus spinning cursor, after 3 hours of waiting I force it to reboot by holding power button. This cause Logo at...
  4. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  5. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  6. Dual Boot on Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot on Surface Pro X: Hi,I need to dual boot two different Windows 10 or 11 partitions on my Surface Pro X - is this possible ? I already tried to install Windows 10 to a different partition and boot from it, but it won't boot.Thanks...
  7. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  8. Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows won't boot past the surface/windows logo on surface pro, and won't boot to USB.: I recently reset my Surface Pro 4 through the recovery mode because I lost the password. It got stuck at the windows logo during the process and I forced a shutdown but now when I start my surface it is stuck at the white surface/windows logo and won't boot to a USB so I can...
  9. My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot

My surface pro starts flashing after the surface logo and does not boot: Please help I tried starting up my surface yesterday and all i got after the Surface logo and spinning wheel was several flashes then nothing. luckily i was not conducting training with my laptop that day but i do need it on thursday With a little research I found my way...
  10. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro stuck on windows logo