Windows 10: Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language

Discus and support Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiveaGeForce, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language

/u/NiveaGeForce, Feb 3, 2020

2. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hi Jacob,

Since the Handwriting Personalization feature has worked properly before, there's a possibility that recent changes or updates performed on your computer may have triggered this problem or it could be that there is a need for you to improve the handwriting
    recognition on your Surface Pro by providing more samples of your handwriting. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Language options.
    2. Under Handwriting, click Personalize handwriting recognition.
    3. Select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style.
    4. Several options will be provided to you on what samples do you want to input.
    5. Once done, click Update and exit.
    6. Click Close.

In case you're still getting the same error when trying to have a word or letter recognized, then you may have to reset the handwriting recognizer and start from scratch. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Language options > Handwriting.
    2. Under Personalize handwriting recognition > Related Tasks, click
      Delete handwriting samples that you provided for the current language.
    3. Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking Yes, delete my handwriting samples and reset the handwriting recognizer.
    4. Once done, then try to re-establish your handwriting feature again.

Let me know the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 3, 2020
  3. HeinPMK Win User
    Surface Pro 3: Handwriting | There are not handwriting options for this language.

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 3, and just started working with it. Now I try to install the handwriting packs, but I am not able to. I got 3 language packs: English (UK), English (USA) and Dutch (NL).

My region is set to United States

My language is set English (US)

My speech language is set to English US

However when i click on region & language and look in the English (US) language it says: There are not handwriting options for this language.

This is the same for the other 2 languages.

In the optional feautures list I do see the handwriting packs for all 3 languages.

Can someone explain me how I get this to work, or how to install the handwriting packs?

Thanks in advange,

Hein

HeinPMK, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language

Surface Pro 3: Handwriting | There are not handwriting options for this language.

Hi Hein,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

To recognize your handwriting in a specific language, your Tablet PC must have the
    handwriting recognizer for that language installed.

Where available, the handwriting recognizers are included in the corresponding language pack. To turn on handwriting recognition for a language, you need to do two things: get the language pack, and then add the input language that you want
    to use.

I would request you to download the Windows updates and check if it helps.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language

1. Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Handwriting

2. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  3. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  4. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. is windows 11 available yet for surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is windows 11 available yet for surface Pro X: is windows 11 av.ailable for Suface Pro X. Tried to update twice. Begins downloading but stops at 8%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-available-yet-for-surface-pro-x/2841fe85-1459-4e3c-9b47-3aa9f0a8df19
  6. is windows 11 available yet for surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is windows 11 available yet for surface Pro X: is windows 11 av.ailable for Suface Pro X. Tried to update twice. Begins downloading but stops at 8%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-available-yet-for-surface-pro-x/2841fe85-1459-4e3c-9b47-3aa9f0a8df19
  7. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  8. surface pro x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro x: Hi all i have recently bought the surface pro x and I have found out the hard way that it dose not support autocad is this something that microsoft is working on so that it can be supported or should I send the surface pro x bak and change for a pro 7 as I don't really want...
  9. Surface Pro X available today Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro X available today Surface: [ATTACH] Today, we’re excited to launch what’s next for the 2-1 category – the all new Surface Pro X. When we started on this journey with Surface seven years ago, we created a new category that changed the industry forever. Now, as the world becomes more mobile and more...
  10. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language: Hello all, I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able to successfully use all features of this process initially. Now, suddenly, when attempting to use "Target specific...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. handwriting personalization not available for this input language