Windows 10: Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery

Discus and support Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] @ Microsoft. Please kind advise on the above issues and get it resolved. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WK Kho, Dec 4, 2020.

1. WK Kho Win User

Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery

Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery 8ef9efbc-9c64-4484-beeb-608dedd9db05?upload=true.png

Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery 6c87c9d9-db8d-493e-864a-687d96fe6240?upload=true.png

@ Microsoft. Please kind advise on the above issues and get it resolved. Thanks.

:)

WK Kho, Dec 4, 2020
  2. superjose Win User

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Shawn Win User
    Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery [​IMG]

(sleep report):

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery

Windows 10 Draining My LapTop Battery

Hi Tim,

I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the thread mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Battery drain with windows 10 on surface pro 2

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery

1. Surface Pro X - Microsoft Edge is draining the battery - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Microsoft

2. Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7: After upgrading to Windows 11 recently, the battery on my Surface Pro 7 drains much faster than it did previously. I've set Battery Saver to be always on when the device is unplugged from power, yet this makes little difference. Setting some apps to "Efficiency Mode" via Task...
  3. Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 accelerating battery drain on Surface Pro 7: After upgrading to Windows 11 recently, the battery on my Surface Pro 7 drains much faster than it did previously. I've set Battery Saver to be always on when the device is unplugged from power, yet this makes little difference. Setting some apps to "Efficiency Mode" via Task...
  4. Encrypt a device on Microsoft Surface X Pro

Encrypt a device on Microsoft Surface X Pro: What would be the way to encrypt and decrypt a device on Surface X Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-a-device-on-microsoft-surface-x-pro/c91e558b-8afd-466d-b09b-c852b4646955
  5. SURFACE PRO X

SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  6. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  7. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  9. surface pro x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro x: Hi all i have recently bought the surface pro x and I have found out the hard way that it dose not support autocad is this something that microsoft is working on so that it can be supported or should I send the surface pro x bak and change for a pro 7 as I don't really want...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating: I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike...