Windows 10: Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems

Discus and support Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received notice in windows update that my Surface Pro X was ready to be updated from version 1909 to 2004. The download was successful but when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnWilcox49, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems

I received notice in windows update that my Surface Pro X was ready to be updated from version 1909 to 2004. The download was successful but when the installation was at 25%, I got a screen saying there was a problem and I would be notified when I could update. The next day I received the notice:

Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems f2bdbe85-08ec-47e3-81ec-f1eb4b8ab637?upload=true.png

So I click download and install and I get this:

Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems 80d77864-32da-4838-9163-7669623df0f8?upload=true.png

I click Fix Issues and it starts installing again until I get this:

Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems 4f942b11-f276-417b-812e-c596ed1b19aa?upload=true.png

So I stop and the next day I go through the same process.

Please help

:)

JohnWilcox49, Jun 17, 2020

2. Surface Pro X ARM

Yes, for work needs I suggest going for Surface Laptop 7 or Surface Pro.

However X is going to be a great device in the future when support for ARM64 arrives.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro X Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - November 5

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems

1. Surface Pro X - upgrade 2004 problems - Similar Threads - Surface Pro upgrade

2. surface pro x herstellen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro x herstellen: Hier begrijp ik niks van Herstelinstallatiekopie voor Surface downloaden microsoft.comhoe kan ik mij surface pro x herstellen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-herstellen/0077a3a7-8e9a-4597-9417-c8c107cd3f7a
  3. SURFACE PRO X

SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  4. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  5. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Surface pro X - How to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro X - How to upgrade to windows 11: Hello,I bought a new Surface pro X SQ1 LTE few days ago. It currently use Windows 10 Home, how could I update it to Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-how-to-upgrade-to-windows-11/b734e0ea-5445-454b-91c2-fccc0d1f13f5
  7. Surface pro X - How to upgrade to windows 11

Surface pro X - How to upgrade to windows 11: Hello,I bought a new Surface pro X SQ1 LTE few days ago. It currently use Windows 10 Home, how could I update it to Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-how-to-upgrade-to-windows-11/b734e0ea-5445-454b-91c2-fccc0d1f13f5
  8. Surface Pro X Windows 11 upgrade

Surface Pro X Windows 11 upgrade: I am trying to upgrade my SP X from windows 10 pro to Windows 11. The installation assistant says it is not running on ARM. How can I upgrade my SP X then without a clean install?...
  9. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  10. surface pro x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro x: Hi all i have recently bought the surface pro x and I have found out the hard way that it dose not support autocad is this something that microsoft is working on so that it can be supported or should I send the surface pro x bak and change for a pro 7 as I don't really want...