Windows 10: Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues

Discus and support Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My company just went and purchased new Surface Pro X's before doing due diligence on full support for software and current equipment. The problem we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConcernedTech, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues

My company just went and purchased new Surface Pro X's before doing due diligence on full support for software and current equipment.

The problem we have is that we need to connect these new Surface Pro X's to meter readers using a USB-c to RS232 serial adapter.

I have tried many different ones and keep running into an issue with tablet. When the cable is connected physically, it is constantly connecting/disconnecting. I have read all over that this is due to the ARM processor, but I would think that Microsoft would not release a product that uses USB-c for connecting to devices, that they would not have a driver for the USB-c ports.

Someone help me with this?

Thank you

:)

ConcernedTech, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues

New Surface Pro X Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - November 22

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues

1. Surface Pro X USB-C to RS232 issues - Similar Threads - Surface Pro USB

2. surface pro x herstellen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro x herstellen: Hier begrijp ik niks van Herstelinstallatiekopie voor Surface downloaden microsoft.comhoe kan ik mij surface pro x herstellen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-x-herstellen/0077a3a7-8e9a-4597-9417-c8c107cd3f7a
  3. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  4. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SURFACE PRO X: BonjourJ ai une surface pro X sq1 sous windows 10 et je n'arrive pas a passer a Windows 11 avec une mise à jour.Impossible car j ai un processeur arm64.Pourriez vous m'aider ?Merci...
  5. SURFACE PRO X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Surface Pro X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Pro X: Hi, Speaking with customer service is awful. The language barrier and the lack of understanding what the customer is saying is ridiculous. I purchased a surface pro x and it wouldnt get passed the service screen which was black i called microsoft support and they could not...
  7. Surface Pro X USB to RS232 Installation Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro X USB to RS232 Installation Problem: Hi All, I am currently using a Microsoft Surface Pro X on Windows 10. I am struggling to a USB to Serial RS232 to install properly on the computer. I have tried StarTech ICUSB2321F and StarTech ICUSB232C, Moxa Uport 1110 and a FTDIChip US232R-100. None of them seem to work,...
  8. ScanSnap with Surface Pro X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ScanSnap with Surface Pro X: Has anyone been able to use a ScanSnap on the Surface Pro X? Device manager indicates that drivers are not present. The ScanSnap installer appears to work but near the end it cannot connect to the ScanSnap. I have tried the usual uninstall / install / reboot ideas. My...
  9. surface pro x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro x: Hi all i have recently bought the surface pro x and I have found out the hard way that it dose not support autocad is this something that microsoft is working on so that it can be supported or should I send the surface pro x bak and change for a pro 7 as I don't really want...
  10. Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: Today we are pleased to announce that the Surface Connect to USB-C adapter is now available in commercial channels and through the Microsoft Store Business Desk in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Add USB-C capability to Surface...