Windows 10: Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem

Discus and support Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I hope some of you may have an idea on how to solve my small problem. I recently purchased a Surface Pro7, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mortenveis, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem

Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem JW8PBU2oSwdxhvTo89spd9JiVCsITPFXOOFv9yHWPtQ.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope some of you may have an idea on how to solve my small problem.

I recently purchased a Surface Pro7, and immidiately upgraded it to Win10 pro, so I could add it to our domain at my company.

Unfortunately I'm not able to log into our domain, using Windows Hello. And I've asked our external IT consultants to check up on it. They're are managing our Windows Server (2012 I believe). They have trided a number of different things on the server, and they can't figure out why it's not working.

I hope some of you, have had similar challanges, and can share what worked for you - hopefully it'll help me, and maybe others down the lineSurface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem :)

https://preview.redd.it/8ds1jd65atx...bp&s=a87acd89d55e5dbad281d87cc4b3c111c3bd9222

submitted by /u/mortenveis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mortenveis, Nov 10, 2019
  2. JasonNJ Win User

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

Hi,
    Great post! Thank you for these detailed instructions. I got to step 4.11 - 4.13. I am running Windows Server 2016 as a VM in VM Workstation 12 Pro. Before I made these changes, I had internet access. My VM Network Adapter is set to NAT.

I'm now connected to my new domain and I've changed the Preferred DNS address back to my router's IP address, but I'm still showing "No Internet access" and I have the yellow warning on my network connection. Any suggestions? I've restarted the vm and the main machine with no luck.

JasonNJ, Nov 10, 2019
  3. changari Win User
    Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem

1. Surface Pro7 - Win10 Pro - Windows Hello AND local domain server problem - Similar Threads - Surface Pro7 Win10

2. Surface PRO7+ and Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface PRO7+ and Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLL: hi im using latest drivers on my Surface PRO7+ and latest drivers for Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLLand i don't get option for Aptx-LL, as other users do, in settingsaptx-LLi read, that surface pro7+ is using aptx-LL, with surface headphones 2,and other users are using aptx-LL,...
  3. Surface PRO7+ and Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface PRO7+ and Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLL: hi im using latest drivers on my Surface PRO7+ and latest drivers for Sennheiser HD350BT AptxLLand i don't get option for Aptx-LL, as other users do, in settingsaptx-LLi read, that surface pro7+ is using aptx-LL, with surface headphones 2,and other users are using aptx-LL,...
  4. Surface Pro7 keeps on crashing with blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro7 keeps on crashing with blue screen: Surface pro 7 2019 keeps crashing with blue screen frequently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro7-keeps-on-crashing-with-blue-screen/c453a8b2-25d8-4378-8d20-d1338918d42a
  5. Surface Pro7 very hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro7 very hot: My new surface pro7 is getting very hot when it's in use, can hardly touch it. It is on a desk not on my lap. When the fan comes on my audio and visual lags really bad. It is only 9 months old. What can I do?...
  6. Windows hello not working on surface pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working on surface pro 4: Hi everyone i upgraded windows 10 in mysurface pro 4 before upgradin windows hello was working correctly after that it stoped working saying We couldnt find a camera for windows hello i have updated the driver and everything but nothing happend...
  7. Surface Pro Problems

Surface Pro Problems: Recently my surface pro 4 has been blue screen crashing with the pdc-sys-watchdog error. It's a program that's not responding and timing out on startup, I have tried updating all my drivers through the device manager window. I now have reason to believe it may be sticky notes...
  8. Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account

Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...
  9. domain server problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain server problems: I have had windows 10 a couple weeks and if this issue had not starter a week before that I would blame 10. My internet cuts off at random times, sometimes just for seconds and sometimes I have to turn off modem and restart. At first the troubleshooter said dns problems,...
  10. Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller: How to: Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller [img] Information There are several reasons to create and use a local domain even in relatively small home networks. To list a few: Centralized user management Users sign in to domain instead of signing in to...