Windows 10: Surface screen goes dark after driver update

Discus and support Surface screen goes dark after driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoryChrane1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Surface screen goes dark after driver update

after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver.

Brightness stuck on 100%

No camera found it is built in

No windows hello since no camera

Battery drains 70% faster due to display bright

Downloaded surface firmware and driver package,, as soon as display driver loads goes to black screen requires restore to see screen again.Desert windows. Loaded clean windows twice no help at all.

:)

RoryChrane1, Jun 27, 2020

2. Screen goes dark

My screen goes dark after 1 minute of non-use. I have it set to go dark after 20 minutes using Settings, Power. Why is it not taking? Please help

TillieLuna, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Marten_g Win User
    SCREEN GOES DARK AFTER UPGRADE

I friend have buy a new Lenovo B50-30, 2 Days ago and have same problem.

When he plug in to charge the screen goes dark.

I have try to help him, we have update all drivers but no respons.

The problem seems to be a sync problem in software/drivers with the screen->keyboard->Power supply.

We have found that if you press the
    F11, so increases the brightness of the screen. And you can work

with computer. But after you have shut off you must use F11 again.

Normally the keybord use F11 for decrease brightness (-) and F12 for increase brightness (+)

The features have been thrown about

Marten_g, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Surface screen goes dark after driver update

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Surface screen goes dark after driver update

1. Surface screen goes dark after driver update - Similar Threads - Surface screen goes

2. Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when screen goes dark: Hi !I recently needed to leave my computer on while im away, but every time my screen goes dark after 10 minutes of inactivity my ethernet disconnects as well ! Its so annoying ! here are my current settings.As you can see I have already searched answers for these...
  3. Screen freezes & goes dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes & goes dark: Hey friends... Yesterday I made another topic - Weird issues since last update probably ? I am not sure, if this is related to the other one or not. Last night, I was watching some sport highlights on youtube & fell asleep, when I woke up & woke the laptop from sleep mode - I...
  4. my screen goes dark

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my screen goes dark: recently when I unplug my charger the screen goes really really dark and I barely can see the screen. I have tried power troubleshooting but it was no use. what should I do? it's windows 10 Lenovo laptop...
  5. Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update: This is the problem: After the latest Windows update, my Surface Book goes to a black screen. After moving the mouse for a few seconds I can get it back, but it is very annoying. There are no connection problems, and nothing has changed since before I did the update. Also,...
  6. laptop screen goes dark randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop screen goes dark randomly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with a Ryzen 3 3250u, VEGA 3 graphics, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD. I have had to repair the laptop from a crash about 2 months ago which required me to reinstall windows 10. Last night, I was browsing a website and my secondary monitor went green and my...
  7. SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfaceLptop 2 goes dark after driver update: after display driver update causes black screen then Have to go to boot in to recovery point and go with included Microsoft basic display driver. Brightness stuck on 100% No camera found it is built in No windows hello since no camera Battery drains 70% faster due to...
  8. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  9. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb
  10. Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Book - after update screen goes Green/Red: Hi, Last week I was prompted to update Win 10. After the upgrade, my screen was displaying violent levels of green and red, alternating between the two colours. It was also very hard to read as some of the display appeared to be negative. If I went go Settings, Display,...