Windows 10: Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

Discus and support Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Microsoft mouse and keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Annie33606, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

My Microsoft mouse and keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard. When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. Thanks.

:)

Annie33606, Oct 15, 2020
  2. msftcge Win User

Keyboard and Mouse not working with Surface Dock and Windows 10

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 I on my Surface Pro 3 with a Surface Docking station. My Microsoft Sculpt mouse and Ergo Keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard.
    When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. This issue did not happen with Windows 8.1.

I have tried deleting the drivers as well as the Mouse and Keyboard center and it did not work. Any suggestions?

msftcge, Oct 15, 2020
  3. kivaturi Win User
    Continuum on Surface Pro 3 w/ Docking Station and Windows 10

Continuum works great with the surface keyboard but when I connect the Surface to my docking station (which is linked via usb adapter to my logitech keyboard and mouse and via displayport to monitor) the tablet mode screen is displayed. When I restart
    the computer, continuum correctly recognizes the computer being in desktop mode, but it is irritating to have to restart the computer every time I connect to the docking station.

kivaturi, Oct 15, 2020
  4. cepharum Win User

Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

Audio not working through a docking station

Stumbling over this issue using Surface 3 Pro in a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro-compatible docking station. I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. The docking station was shipped after upgrading, it's all new ... while docked I can use headphone
    jack of Surface 3 pro (in top left corner of device's frame), but using headphone jack of docking station doesn't work. There is no "Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device" recognized and thus I can't configure it using audio manager.

However, on undocking and redocking device some problem with recognizing recently attached USB device pops up informing about Windows having failed to recognize some new USB device.

My keyboard and mouse are both attached to USB port of docking station and either is functioning properly. So this driver issue doesn't seem to be related to supporting USB of docking station in general.

cepharum, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

1. Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station - Similar Threads - Surface stopped recognizing

2. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  3. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  4. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center devices with a docking station

Using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center devices with a docking station: Hi there,I currently have a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard connected to a laptop via a docking station as the laptop only has USB-C ports. As the keyboard is being passed through the dock to the laptop, the keyboard does not show in Device Manager as a Digital Media Pro...
  6. Using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center devices with a docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center devices with a docking station: Hi there,I currently have a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard connected to a laptop via a docking station as the laptop only has USB-C ports. As the keyboard is being passed through the dock to the laptop, the keyboard does not show in Device Manager as a Digital Media Pro...
  7. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  8. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  9. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

10. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports: Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-docking-station-ports/14e09b77-f6d2-4d4d-aeb3-0fe03d05c8a1