Windows 10: Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps?

Discus and support Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Surface Studio running Windows 10 is stuck in an UEFI boot loop. I could use advice on what to try next. I have tried using the recovery drive I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ziduko09, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ziduko09 Win User

Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps?

My Surface Studio running Windows 10 is stuck in an UEFI boot loop. I could use advice on what to try next.

I have tried using the recovery drive I created a few days before this issue started. Startup Repair couldn’t repair the PC and didn’t generate a log file. I couldn’t revert to a previous version. Recovering from the drive I created fails “there was a problem recovering your PC”. Recovering from a drive generated by Microsoft download for my device fails same error.

I’m at a loss of what I can try next.

:)

ziduko09, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Andre for Directly, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 stuck booting to Surface UEFI? Loop

Hi Grace,

The sudden shut down that you've performed could've damaged your boot configuration causing your device not boot properly and stuck on the
    UEFI screen. As an initial step to restore your device, we suggest that you proceed in creating a boot media and perform an automatic repair. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

support article
    about the recovery options in Windows 10. Click the drop-down arrow for the
    Use Installation media to restore or reset your PC topic to view the appropriate steps. Once you're done check if you'll be able to boot your device normally.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 30, 2020
  4. ZincBath Win User

Surface Pro stuck in SURFACE UEFI screen reboot loop

Andre,

Thanks for pointing me at that but I'm afraid it didn't work - only got me back to the SURFACE UEFI screen.

I'm really struggling with this and may have to return the device. Pity, it's a replacement for my previous Surface 4 pro with which I was very happy (in fact typing this on it).

Thanks again

ZB

ZincBath, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface Studio stuck in UEFI boot loop after update - next steps? - Similar Threads - Surface Studio stuck

2. Next step after downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Next step after downloaded: What I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/next-step-after-downloaded/1295fe30-0f63-449e-8795-11ddf800e71f
  3. Next step after downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next step after downloaded: What I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/next-step-after-downloaded/1295fe30-0f63-449e-8795-11ddf800e71f
  4. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  5. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  6. Stuck in boot loop after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in boot loop after latest update: I came home today and my laptop must've done an update while I was away somehow. It continuously cycles through screens that say things like "removing latest update" and "automatically repairing". I have no restore point. I have no boot device. I try to do a system reset and...
  7. Next Step

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next Step: I had hoped that when I reached Klondike Level 500 I would be promoted form Gold to Diamond Grandmaster, but it didn't happen. What level do I have to reach before receiving that accolade?...
  8. My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My surface laptop is stuck in boot loop: My surface laptop is stuck in bootloop I followed several previous threads where it said to download on usb drive a reset. I have a 32 gb drive that is FAT32 as required but when I download the file and then try to move to usb drive it says the file is too big, which does not...
  9. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  10. Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB: Hello, at the UEFI I accidently deleted the Windows Boot Manager. After I restarted, the Surface was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Additionally I can't boot to UEFI or from USB anymore. I already tried a lot of troubleshooting, like the official guides and unofficial ones....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro boot loop after update

2. surface studio update loop