Windows 10: Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution

Discus and support Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a surface laptop 3 with surface dock and dual Samsung UJ590 4k monitors. When the surface goes to sleep and then trying to wake it up it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Armin C, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Armin C Win User

Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution

Hi,I have a surface laptop 3 with surface dock and dual Samsung UJ590 4k monitors. When the surface goes to sleep and then trying to wake it up it does not bring the monitors back from sleep. I have to turn the monitors off and then turn them back on. Even then 2nd external display gets set to disconnected under display settings.The other issue is 4k resolution. I can't do 4k on both monitors, 1 is 4k and another is 1080p. Sometimes resolution is grayed out.Tried other devices as well, Surface Pro 7's, 6's, surface book 2's with surface docks and the same type of monitors.Same issues on any of

:)

Armin C, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

New Firmware and Driver Updates for Surface Laptop 2 - Oct. 23 Surface

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Surface Tablet/Laptop issues with sleep and resolution - Similar Threads - Surface Tablet Laptop

2. Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode: Hello,I have a surface laptop studio, and for the past month it has been stuck in tablet mode. All of my apps are displayed in their tablet mode, and the screen does not register when I close it so the computer stays running all the time and my battery drains. I have also had...
  3. Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop Studio stuck in tablet mode: Hello,I have a surface laptop studio, and for the past month it has been stuck in tablet mode. All of my apps are displayed in their tablet mode, and the screen does not register when I close it so the computer stays running all the time and my battery drains. I have also had...
  4. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  5. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate: I have a Surface book 1, still going strong. I have an external monitor through the original Microsoft dock. Recently, to add real estate I started using my surface book in tablet mode on a stand with the power going into the bottom of the tablet giving me a second monitor....
  6. Surface book tablet mode sleep/hibernate

7. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  8. Surface Tablet Not Working

Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  9. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  10. Surface Tablet- Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Tablet- Win10: I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"! It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753! How do I find...