Windows 10: Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts

Discus and support Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Taskbar on surface shows over a dozen shortcuts. Task manager doesnt show any running apps. Cant rightclick on taskbar and cant remove any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frustrated granny, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts

Taskbar on surface shows over a dozen shortcuts. Task manager doesnt show any running apps. Cant rightclick on taskbar and cant remove any of the shortcuts.

:)

frustrated granny, Jun 19, 2020

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts

"Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts

1. Surface Taskbar shows. Too many shortcuts - Similar Threads - Surface Taskbar shows

2. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  3. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar: All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts...
  4. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar: All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts...
  5. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop New shortcut too many items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop New shortcut too many items: Hi,After I have updated my laptop the desktop New is showing too many options. Like I have DOC document, Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled Document, DOCX Document... and so on I just want WORD DOCUMENT only.Could you guys please help me fix this issue. I have attached a photo to...
  7. File explorer shows too many disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer shows too many disks: When I open file explorer, it use show C:, D: , E: and F: but now it has automatically created N,O, P, Q ,R,S, T,U,V automatically, everyone of them has a a folder called download and inside them is some zip files which names are the same of a steam software i downloaded...
  8. Too many BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  9. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  10. File Explorer shows too many drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer shows too many drives: I have 2 HDDs split into 2 drives each: C,D,E,F.. I also have one DVD drive. Also one Card Reader hooked to USB. So what the file explorer shows is C, D, E, F, DVD, Removable disk, I, J, K, and L. How do I get rid of these extra drives? They do not exist. *Confused*Confused...