Windows 10: Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

Discus and support Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MWKL, Dec 3, 2023.

1. MWKL Win User

Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my keyboard! Help! Calling for help typing from my iPad.

:)

MWKL, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

1. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning! - Similar Threads - Surface Type Cover

2. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  3. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  4. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  5. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  6. How to enable typing keyboard cover for Surface Pro

How to enable typing keyboard cover for Surface Pro: Accidentally disabled my typing keyboard cover. How do I enable it and stop using pop up keyboard. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-typing-keyboard-cover-for-surface/4ccc550f-3b3a-48fa-8292-e9e710dbe9d7
  7. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  8. Surface Go type cover and handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go type cover and handwriting: Hi It seems it is impossible to use the handwriting option on screen using the surface pen (Chinese Traditional, in my case) when i have my type cover keyboard attached. when i try the set up handwriting in "setup" - it simply say "there is no handwriting option for this...
  9. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...