Windows 10: Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

Discus and support Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I find that my Enter key behaviors abnormally. I used a keyboard testing software and found out that when I pressed the Enter key, both Enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnAo, Jul 5, 2019.

1. JohnAo Win User

Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

Recently I find that my Enter key behaviors abnormally. I used a keyboard testing software and found out that when I pressed the Enter key, both Enter and Esc key were detected, and when I pressed the Esc key, both were detected too. Also, F4 and F5 are "linked" in the same manner - press one, detects two.

I've updated the system and the driver, cleaned the connection pins, but the problem remains.

:)

JohnAo, Jul 5, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen active when type cover closed and external monitor in use.

I have the issue with the screen coming back on and so do others: screen surface pro 2017 turns on after typecover closed

AndyfromFL, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Error code 43 while trying to access TypeCover on Surface Pro 4 after installing the latest update on Windows 10

Hello Mik,

As you are facing issues with accessing the TypeCover, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Do let us know the latest update installed on your device that is causing this issue?

Follow the below to know the latest update installed on your device:

Press Windows key, type Windows update
    and select Windows Update Settings. Click on
    Advanced options, click on View your update history
    to view the latest updates installed.

I suggest you to hide the Windows Updates and try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1:I would like to inform that, Microsoft has also released a troubleshooter that allows you to hide updates and thus prevent Windows from reinstalling them until a revised version becomes available.

Download the troubleshooter wushowhide.diagcab from Microsoft; it’s a standalone application, no installation required.

Refer: How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Step 2: After hiding the updates, try
    to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article about the Device Manger error codes, follow the suggestions as per the error codes and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of the issues with accessing the TypeCover for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

Surface typecover

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps?

Troubleshoot your Surface Type Cover or keyboard - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402347...

Reinstall the Surface Cover driver

If shutting down doesn't fix the problem, try reinstalling the driver for your Surface Cover.

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and select Device Manager in the results.

Expand Keyboards.

Right-click Surface Type Cover Filter Device.

Select Uninstall > OK.

Restart your Surface. It'll automatically download and install the Surface Cover driver the next time you connect to the Internet.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

1. Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two. - Similar Threads - Surface typecover press

2. headphone only coming out of one side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone only coming out of one side: hello yesterday my headphones only started coming out of the left side. and i look at some other articles and they werent helpful one told me to go on the control panel and go on to sound and configure but when i clicked on configure if wouldnt let me. please help....
  3. headphone only coming out of one side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone only coming out of one side: hello yesterday my headphones only started coming out of the left side. and i look at some other articles and they werent helpful one told me to go on the control panel and go on to sound and configure but when i clicked on configure if wouldnt let me. please help....
  4. headphone only coming out of one side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two Keys, One Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two Keys, One Device: Here's my situation:I have two Windows 10 licenses, one for the Pro version, one for Home.Each of the versions are installed on two separate hard drives.Both hard drives are installed on the same laptop.Both licenses are linked to my Microsoft account.Both are legal...
  6. Surface Pro 3 typecover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 typecover: I have a Surface Pro 3 and have recently bought a replacement Microsoft typecover. When I attach the new cover it isn't recognised by the computer. The keyboard and touchpad don't work. I have tried the on line help with no succes. How do I fix this...
  7. typecover

in Windows 10 Customization
    typecover: I've got the burgundy typecover for my surface pro , the top line of keys dont really work bt only respond to when i press Fn how can i change this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typecover/8c33b661-5efc-4836-bbe7-da509b88dc14
  8. Z comes up when I press a key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Z comes up when I press a key.: Is there anything I can do about this? I’ve deleted keyboard from Device Manager but it didn’t seem to do anything. submitted by /u/TMGMario [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp75mx/z_comes_up_when_i_press_a_key/
  9. One key press generates endliess repeating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key press generates endliess repeating: Hi I had an old keyboard where sometimes one key click generated an endless repeating of that click. Something like Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I had to click on other keys and backspace until it stopped, until the next time it occurred. Because the...
  10. Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key: [ATTACH] I have just resetted my laptop and was listening to music. Suddenly this massive black box covers the screen when I pressed sound function key to adjust sound. Imagine I was playing games. It is so frustrating, there's no solution or even related information on web....