Windows 10: Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues.

Discus and support Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been using an external monitor with my Surface Book 2 for a couple months now via a USB C to HDMI connection. A few days back the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jonnehbravo, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues.

Hi all,

I have been using an external monitor with my Surface Book 2 for a couple months now via a USB C to HDMI connection.

A few days back the connection started disconnecting and immediately reconnecting sporadically. I.e. the monitor turns black, then back on again with the USB connected sound effect every time this occurs. Looking at the Device Manager, have noticed that under Universal Serial Bus controllers there is a yellow exclamation mark beside the Surface Ucsi Device, with "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers did not help. Windows is fully updated.

Thanks.

:)

jonnehbravo, Mar 16, 2019

2. Code 43 USB device not recognised

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Error Code 43 is a Device Manager error that means the following:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

When you get this error with USB devices it’s because one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner. This can be because of corruption in one of the loaded drivers and the driver cache just
    needs to be flushed. An alternative to resolve this issue is to perform
    Power Drain
    , to do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

I would also suggest that you refer to the Microsoft Article provided in the link below for more troubleshooting methods

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 16, 2019
  3. USB device not recognized (Code 43)

Hi David,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter and see if that helps!

a) Open Control Panel.

b) Write Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

c) Click on Troubleshooting tab.

d) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

e) Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

f) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

a) Open Device Manager.

b) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

c) Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d) Right-click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers
    , and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e) Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

f) Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and

g) Reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

You may also refer the below link and follow the suggestion of
    Winston M replied on January 19, 2014. Check if that helps:

windows 8 code 43 usb device not recognized

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues.

Unknown USB Device Error code 43

Hello! I'm having quite some difficulty figuring out what's causing this, I hope someone can help me sort this out. So out of nowhere, one day I started my PC in the morning and got a pop up window saying that a USB device was unable to install. I head to Control Panel and find it listed under "Unspecified" and it's named "Unknown device". I click it and go to the "Hardware" tab and see it says "Universal Serial Bus Controller". It says this beside Location: "Port_#0001.Hub_#0003" and this for Device Status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" and lastly, the producer is Microsoft apparently and this is the Driver Date: 21/06/2006.

One very strange thing, however, is that my PC waits at the manufacturer boot screen way longer than usual. I look through my PC and while I'm in the manufacturer logo screen my Motherboard has a digital number showing "98". After I pass the manufacturer logo screen however, I boot normally fast. (I'm guessing it's not the SSD since the code 98 means it's searching for something? Normally it would be A1 or A2 or something I don't remember). I had recently (Not even a week ago) installed an SSD and my boot speeds were amazing and they still are, it's just this manufacturer logo screen that takes a long time.

Motherboard:

AsRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3

Things I've tried:

Checked driver updates for it in control panel
    Installed drivers from my motherboard CD
    Checked windows update (nothing)
    Plugged and unplugged all USB devices (Issue still persisted)

USB Devices plugged in currently:

Logitech Mouse
    Razer Keyboard
    Logitech Webcam
    HP D110 Printer

Screenshots of issue:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14799816778/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14966612586/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/109253356@N06/14803076978/

Vegetables102, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues.

1. Surface Ucsi Device Error Code 43. USB-C to HDMI facing issues. - Similar Threads - Surface Ucsi Device

2. I have an error about UCM-UCSI ACPI Device. Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an error about UCM-UCSI ACPI Device. Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43UCSI PPM failed to complete UCSI command in a timely manner. Please contact UCSI device or system manufacturer to investigate. Command:SetNotificationEnableI need help with this one, I read that it can...
  3. I have an error about UCM-UCSI ACPI Device. Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an error about UCM-UCSI ACPI Device. Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43UCSI PPM failed to complete UCSI command in a timely manner. Please contact UCSI device or system manufacturer to investigate. Command:SetNotificationEnableI need help with this one, I read that it can...
  4. USB-C HDMI Device Code 43 driver problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HDMI Device Code 43 driver problem?: Have an USB-C to HDMI device. The device driver is not installed. The error is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A USB port reset request failed.". I tried all the steps linked below. No solution so far. Tested usb device on different...
  5. USB-C HDMI Device Code 43 driver problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C HDMI Device Code 43 driver problem?: Have an USB-C to HDMI device. The device driver is not installed. The error is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A USB port reset request failed.". I tried all the steps linked below. No solution so far. Tested usb device on different...
  6. usb code 43 error device descriptor error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb code 43 error device descriptor error: i am not able to resolve the issue. i have uninstall the driver, updated and enabled it. nothing seems working also i am using a touch screen laptop. the touch screen has stopped working . are both the things related ?...
  7. USB device not recognised[code 43]

USB device not recognised[code 43]: My laptop is not supporting external mice. On connecting mouse it shows a notification i.e. usb device not recognised I troubleshooted but it does not worked. I also updated usb driver. please help me to solve this problem......
  8. Issues wth USB reading "code 43"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues wth USB reading "code 43": Trying to connect my headphones to put music, in the DEVICE MANAGER i noticed this: [ATTACH] Any thoughts on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-wth-usb-reading-code-43/eed6d245-612b-4daa-a345-50c9a1ce27fd
  9. USB Driver error code 43

USB Driver error code 43: Windows 10: Unknown USB device drive error and getting error message as "Device Description Request Failed) Driver Error" "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". This is on my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000. I have seen the reply on Aug 10...
  10. USB SuperSpeed error code 43

USB SuperSpeed error code 43: Win 10 ver 1709. Device Manager always reports the SuperSpeed has a problem. I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers and a Win 10 online reinstall (repair upgrade?). No change. I installed Win 7 to a spare drive and it finds no USB problems. Also, in Dev Mgr, Win 7 does...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface ucsi device error

2. kb4512534 ucsi issues

3. surface ucsi driver

4. surface ucsi device stopped,
  5. surface ucm ucsi HID client,
  6. surface ucsi error,
  7. ucsi usb connector code 43,
  8. 0x80004005 no ucsi controller found,
  9. surface ucsi,
  10. surface ucsi driver code 43,