Windows 10: Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

Discus and support Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Surface Pro 6 Adaptive brightness doesn't make a difference. The brightness setting shows me my last brightness but the brightness itself is 100%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ziipzaaapM16A4, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

Surface Pro 6

Adaptive brightness doesn't make a difference.

The brightness setting shows me my last brightness but the brightness itself is 100%.

As soon as i click at the brightness setting bar it sets the correct brightness.
    Restart didn't work.

Seems like the hardware can't get the last brightness setting at wake up.

:)

ziipzaaapM16A4, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Wake on LAN Support for Surface

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...t-for-surface/

Brink, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Anne Kate Win User
    Surface Pro 6 goes Standby every 30min-ish (SC_MONITORPOWER)

I see you have set the Sleep setting to never. As a further step, on the same window, in the same list, there should be an option for the video card as well. Just to be sure, set that one to maximum performance. Another thing I can think of, is if there is any surface specific battery saver software, one that would come pre-installed, which overwrites the settings you already changed. Might be good idea to check that too.

Actually, I have looked more into it. It seems very likely that your problem comes from the Windows "Connected standby" feature. For some reason many surface devices have problem because of this feature. What you can try is to disable this feature. For many it seems that it fixed their strange behaviors on the surface. Here is a link to toolofgod it explains in detail how this feature can be disabled.

The instruction for disabling it:
    "Open regedit then navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

If you have Connected Standby enabled, this variable will have a 1 (one) in it. To disable it, double-click on the CsEnabled variable and put a 0 (zero) in there. Reboot and you are done."

Anne Kate, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness

1. Surface wakes up from standby always with maximum brightness - Similar Threads - Surface wakes standby

2. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  3. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  4. Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps waking up laptop from Modern Standby: Hi, On my new laptop (it's in my specs) that came with 2004 preinstalled so far I have figured out that updating it to 20H2 has brought back the option to enter Code: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0 (in an elevated...
  5. screen wakes up from standby very fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen wakes up from standby very fast: Hi, when I'm AFK, I usually lock windows by pressing Windows key + L As a side effect, the screen will quickly go into standby mode. I've bought a completely new system, a new PC, screen, mouse and keyboard. Now my screen wakes up just a few seconds after it goes into...
  6. Change the maximum brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the maximum brightness: I set the maximum brightness to 90% on battery a while ago and now windows removed the setting to change it so is there a way to fix that? Thank you submitted by /u/fairlylocal2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Disable mouse wake up in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable mouse wake up in modern standby: Hi, I have new laptop Dell which support modern standby. There is one thing, I can't disable mouse to prevent waking up from modern standby. My mouse does not have power switch, so every time when I put my laptop to backpack it wakes up, because of mouse. I have tried...
  8. Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby)

Scheduled wake from DRIPs (Modern Standby): So, I've spent the last week scouring the web for this and failed! I am trying to wake a Dell XPS laptop overnight to run maintenance tasks, including backup to local network server, and so far it has proven impossible. While in the "Resiliency Phase"...
  9. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby: This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the...
  10. Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana will soon be able to wake up your PC from standby: With Windows 10, Microsoft shipped a new personal digital assistant named Cortana and with help from Intel's Smart Sound technology, she will be getting a new feature: the ability to turn on your PC. A demo, which you can see below, was shown off at Intel's Developer Forum...