Windows 10: Surface windows hello face and brightness problem

Discus and support Surface windows hello face and brightness problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I've been using my Surface pro 6 with windows home for about 3 months and didn't have any problem until two weeks ago. My windows hello face... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by David_pav, Jan 9, 2020.

1. David_pav Win User

Surface windows hello face and brightness problem

Hi! I've been using my Surface pro 6 with windows home for about 3 months and didn't have any problem until two weeks ago. My windows hello face stopped working. In settings it says that windows hello face is currently unavailable and that something went wrong and I should try it later. Surface windows hello face and brightness problem dd6adbda-81c8-4d6b-b6e9-1ea52d5f1ab0?upload=true.jpg

I performed basic troubleshooting like updating drivers but nothing really helped, so I contacted windows support. After few tries of repairing it they recommended me to reset the computer. So I did reset it and it always helped for like 5 minutes and everything was working well and then the same problem occurred again. Then they recommended me to do a full recovery of my device from a recovery image. I did that and again it was working well for five minutes and then it stopped. Then I connected the device with my school account and updated it. After two days the windows hello is working but in setting it is still currently unavailable.

What more:

1. I cannot adjust my brightness below 50 %. The slider goes down but the brightness of the display stays the same.

2. I have updated my pc and now it is saying this, so I don't know if it is up to date or not. Surface windows hello face and brightness problem a2d0f980-8936-4be6-af48-4416933b51a0?upload=true.jpg

3. Some of my settings says that I should ask the administrator or that it is blocked by my organization, even though I am the administrator.

Apparently those are all software problems because all worked for some time after the recovery and then it stopped working.

Thanks very much for your help

:)

David_pav, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Surface windows hello face and brightness problem [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Face ID not working in Surface Pro 6

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use the Face ID on your Surface Pro 6, we will look into this for you. We would like to know if you are aware of any changes on the computer recently.

However, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

Method 1: Resetting Windows Hello Biometric Database

You can try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

Method 2: Installing Windows Hello Face Driver

If method 1 didn’t help. You can try to reinstalling the Windows Hello Face Driver. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver
    3. Look for HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf
      file, right click on each file and select
      Install
    4. Restart the computer.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Surface windows hello face and brightness problem

windows hello face problem...

i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

any ideas?

Steven Campoli, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Surface windows hello face and brightness problem

1. Surface windows hello face and brightness problem - Similar Threads - Surface hello face

2. Window Hello Face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Face: Hi My Name is SamuelI have a problem with my Window Hello Face I'm in Lenovo 81HN laptop, buyed in 2019How can i turn it on?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-face/c105c886-6bb8-4999-953e-ff21bc924a98
  3. Windows Hello face Problem

Windows Hello face Problem: Hi, I would to ask Why my Windows Hello face Coulnd't detect a Compatible Camera. Last time I see that Works and i didnt sign in They said before the problem cames "Please sign in To Microsoft Account to Use Windows Hello Face." And i didnt use Windows hello Face Before but...
  4. Windows hello face id surface go

Windows hello face id surface go: I have been using face id on my surface go for at least 9 months now, and it has been working fine so far. I tried it recently, and It gave me an error "could not turn camera on". The camera was powered on, as I saw the light next to it, but windows hello was not recognizing...
  5. Window Hello Face Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Hello Face Problem: Hi, I bought Window surface laptop 3 and after few updates window hello face is showing me that " We couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face" Please help me with this....
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working

Surface Pro 6 - Windows Hello Face stopped working: 2 days ago, the Windows Hello Face stopped working on my Surface Pro 6 When I go into the sign-in options screen, it has: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" The camera is working fine for Skype! I've never had this problem until 2 days ago...
  7. Windows hello face

Windows hello face: When I am going to set up windows hello face it is showing that it could not find camera compatible with windows hello though I am having a webcam already built-in in my system....
  8. windows hello face

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face/3ae33380-4882-4c1b-8fae-c54bb00b628f"
  9. windows hello face

windows hello face: my laptop is fujitsu lifebook T725, how do I set up windows hello face if in the setting panel their is a message displayed as..we couldnt find a camera compatible with windows hello face....
  10. windows hello face problem...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello face problem...: i have a webcam intergrated on my machine biometrics service running... windows hello face gives me this message: you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face any ideas? 122189