Windows 10: Surface, windows10, deleted folder

Discus and support Surface, windows10, deleted folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed by MSFT from the network. I noticed that KBs are installed and in some cases my system rebooted. On one occasion, after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jrd4591, Aug 18, 2020.

1. jrd4591 Win User

Surface, windows10, deleted folder

I have windows 10 installed by MSFT from the network. I noticed that KBs are installed and in some cases my system rebooted. On one occasion, after a reboot, one of my folders was gone and I found it in the recycle bin. Has anyone else seen this happen? TIA

:)

jrd4591, Aug 18, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Surface, windows10, deleted folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Surface, windows10, deleted folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 18, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 18, 2020
  4. GARoss Win User

Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install?

Disk cleanup doesn't list $Windows10.~BT folder. I tried just deleting but it would't allow. *Confused

GARoss, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Surface, windows10, deleted folder - Similar Threads - Surface windows10 deleted

2. Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?: How do you permanently delete the folders generated by windows10 such as 3D Objects, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos? I am sick of Windows10 defaulting to these folders. Basically I want to save files where I want to save them. I don't want an operating system...
  3. edit or delete tags in windows10

edit or delete tags in windows10: Hi guys I'm trying to find the master list of tags used in pictures / music etc. I have quite a few misspelt ones that are being offered as suggestions. I need to edit or delete it completely from the master list. I don't want to have to go through every file. This must...
  4. Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will not factory reset- Surface Pro 6 Windows10: I have attempted to reset my computer both saving files and well as factory reset, neither completed. Error read that it was unable to complete and that nothing had changed. I did try the suggested command prompt way and it stated failed. Please help!...
  5. Folders-windows10

Folders-windows10: Is it possible to add a new folder in the this pc area. The folders that are already there are desktop,downloads,documents, images, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-windows10/1c1e6ad6-8e03-4373-979a-0f8845d884e3"
  6. Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809: When Surface Upgrade to Windows10 1809 using Media Creative Tool, a problem happen [ATTACH] Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro (5th Generation) / Install, update, and repair...
  7. Windows10 fax and Scan folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 fax and Scan folders: Clean re-install of W10. Stuff restored from backup. In W Fax and scan, while the appdata folder has loads of sent faxes in it I cannot find a way to display them in the programme nor can I find where my fax contacts would be stored.. I have reset owner/permissions etc (I...
  8. Windows10-New install. Unable to delete/edit certain folders/drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10-New install. Unable to delete/edit certain folders/drives.: Hi Guys Ok Im hoping this is something simple but I am weary of messing around with premissions etc. I have a couple of discovered problems I would appreciate guidance and help for please: I am logged on as administrator and only have the administrator profile in use...
  9. Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install?: Is it ok to delete $Windows10.~BT folder after install? Mine had 6.29Gb. *Zip 11928
  10. Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?: My question is simple and in the Title itself. It is, "Should $Windows~BT Folder be deleted after Windows10 is installed?" 14509