Windows 10: Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update

Discus and support Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So Im pretty sure my laptop shut off while it was trying to update, and I haven't been able to get it to fully start up since. It will show the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReannaDyke, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update

So Im pretty sure my laptop shut off while it was trying to update, and I haven't been able to get it to fully start up since. It will show the login welcome screen that's loading your desktop for hours. I don't know what to do.

:)

ReannaDyke, Jan 5, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jan 5, 2019
  3. tabuf Win User
    N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update

1. Surface won't actually start and I think it shut down during an update - Similar Threads - Surface won't actually

2. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  3. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  4. Shut down during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down during windows update: So, I had put my windows update on and while the update was going on there was a power cut and therefore, my laptop shut down and the next time I started it windows uninstalled the updates and since then I've been facing a very long boot time and the battery dies really...
  5. Surface Pro 3 won't start unless I force it to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 3 won't start unless I force it to shut down: I don't know if this is a Surface or a Windows issue but started happening after the most recent Windows update so I am assuming it is the latter.Every night I switch my Surface pro 3 off using Start / Power / Shutdown and the computer appears to shut down normally.When I...
  6. Laptop shuts down during update

Laptop shuts down during update: My mom's laptop started an automatic update. It got to 17% then shut down and never restarted. I forced a restart and it started the update at 8%. It might get 1% further, then shuts down again. When we turn it back on it's trying to do the update, so can't do anything else....
  7. PC shutting down during update

PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...
  8. Laptop Shut Down During Update

Laptop Shut Down During Update: I was running the latest update for Windows 10 but didnt realise my laptop Dell Inspiron 55-5578 wasn't plugged in. Last I checked, the update got to around 30% before the laptop died. I tried turning it back on a few times, but only got to the automatic repair page. From...
  9. Actually shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Actually shut down: is there any way to make it so windows actually shuts down when you shut it down with out having to press alt f4 on the desktop it might be a minor thing but i am kind of sick of windows i had open previously, reopening when i start the computer up next time. these arent...
  10. PC continues to shut down during start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to shut down during start up.: I have been having this trouble for quite some time now, and have done what was suggested. It still continues to shut down during the first start up I do after it has been off for an hour or so. I have posted viewer files like asked. I have changed quick start up to slow...